ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brembo refurb

turbo 182
I'm getting my brembo 4 pots powdercoated, there going to be sand blasted then powdered and then a coat of laquer

As the pistons are siezed and ruined on 1 caliper I'm going to replace them on both calipers,

I'll need x8 piston and x8 piston seals and x4 new bleed nipples

Is there anything I've missed off that I'll need once they are back from the powder coaters?

Also where is the best place to get the parts?
I've seen a company selling service kits etc but they aren't genuine brembo pistons - will they be fine or should I contact brembo and source direct?

Does anyone know if George snee sells the parts?

Thanks

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
I've had no first hand experience with this company but they've been recommended to me by a few people: http://www.biggred.co.uk/. They look like a one stop shop sort of thing though so they'll re-paint, re-build and send them back I think... so maybe not what you're after.

Edit: after properly reading OP this comment is sort of irrelevant. Sorry :smile:.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I would get new bleed nipples (x 4) whilst your at it and the little rubber dust caps for the nipples.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I got all the stuff for my brembos from R-sport. Genuine brembo parts as well. For your oe calipers any old s**t will do, but imo, for brembos you want genuine.

It's strange that they've seized though as they have stainless steel pistons.

turbo 182
I got all the stuff for my brembos from R-sport. Genuine brembo parts as well. For your oe calipers any old s**t will do, but imo, for brembos you want genuine.

It's strange that they've seized though as they have stainless steel pistons.
Thanks but haven't r-sport closed? Will try contact them tomorrow either way.

Sorry not fully siezed but certainly badly corroded, 1 caliper the paint has flaked off and when I removed the pads to check them over it looked as if that particular caliper had been binding, and the Pistons were corroded

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks but haven't r-sport closed? Will try contact them tomorrow either way.

Sorry not fully siezed but certainly badly corroded, 1 caliper the paint has flaked off and when I removed the pads to check them over it looked as if that particular caliper had been binding, and the Pistons were corroded
Yeah they have closed mate, but you can still contact the bloke who ran the motorsport side. That's what I did to get my stuff.

turbo 182
This is the caliper in question, this is after 2 15minute stints on track, going off the temperature strip would you say the caliper has Been binding the pads on?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 107

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
This is the caliper in question, this is after 2 15minute stints on track, going off the temperature strip would you say the caliper has Been binding the pads on?
Personally I'd say no, but I have nothing to compare it with. What speed are you hauling off? And which circuit? That'll help to give an idea of if that temperature is normal or not.

turbo 182
Top speed off about 105-110 on start finish and again at the end of tower at croft.

the caliper on the other side had another heat inductor and was positioned in the exact same place and it only read 1 mark up not 2, and the paint hadn't flaked off as like this 1

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Top speed off about 105-110 on start finish and again at the end of tower at croft.

the caliper on the other side had another heat inductor and was positioned in the exact same place and it only read 1 mark up not 2, and the paint hadn't flaked off as like this 1
I thought that was some sort of strange finish that you'd opted for on your calipers mate, didn't realise until now that it's heat related!!! Deffo sticky pistons mate.

turbo 182
I thought that was some sort of strange finish that you'd opted for on your calipers mate, didn't realise until now that it's heat related!!! Deffo sticky pistons mate.
No worries :) I couldn't find a working number for r-sport I dunno if you have a number for them?

turbo 182
anyone have any idea how I can block the end of my braided brake lines when I remove my calipers? They will be removed for a week possibley longer?

I don't want to clamp them as there braided

Is there anything I can buy to attach to the end to act as a Bung etc?

Thanks

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Buy a few brake fittings, put it into a pipe and flare the end. Crimp the other end so no fluid comes out

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
anyone have any idea how I can block the end of my braided brake lines when I remove my calipers? They will be removed for a week possibley longer?

I don't want to clamp them as there braided

Is there anything I can buy to attach to the end to act as a Bung etc?

Thanks
cut a finger off some latex glove, put it over the pipe and use an elastic band on it.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Mine were blasted and I didn't replace the crossover pipes mate.

The blanking plugs won't work as they're a banjo. You'd need to remove the braided hose from the steel brake pipe and fit the blanking plug into the fitting.

Cup In bits
Ahh my mistake didn't realise the Megane/197/200 pipes are already, in that case all you need is a standard bolt & nut to the right diameter and screw it through the banjo, Pte tape in the threads to stop seepage.

Or like Mark says, remove the pipes and put that linked plug in.

Pipes are totally dependant on condition, same with the nipples, they shouldn't really need replaced tbh.

turbo 182
Mine were blasted and I didn't replace the crossover pipes mate.

The blanking plugs won't work as they're a banjo. You'd need to remove the braided hose from the steel brake pipe and fit the blanking plug into the fitting.
Champion cheers!
Can you confirm if the plugs that MG cup posted up will screw into the steel lines?