ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brembo max rotors

allo there...am intending to replace my stock rotors with a set of brembo max rotors...fairly cheap but i really dunno how they perform...my stocks ones are a bit warped hence the change...

brembo maxes are slotted...

can anyone venture an opinion?

allo kk-man...you are a really quick mover...ill be doing mine next week cos aint got no time this week...

how long do they take to run in and bed properly?

as i understand it, the brembo max rotors are replacement rotors for the stock so they should definitely be of the same size otherwise they wont fit, will they?

tarox are a fair bit more expensive than the brembo maxes...about another 40% higher-priced...

wuts the diff (performance wise) between Tar ox n Brembo max? me thinkin about buyin too.... r u guys changin the rear as well? I m thinkin about up sizin the rear

cant change the rear...they are drums...we are all on 1.4s :oops:

havent a clue which is better...think can go with price as a guide???

haha i see. IMHO Brembo sound more "pro " like to me than tar ox but that could be my lack of knowledge of tar ox

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

Brembo are Italian arnt they? I just got some MAX for my 16V, they are pretty good compared to the standard ones i had before....got some rears too but they dont do as much braking as the fronts so not much point in up sizing apart from making the car look a bit beefier...

If you see any Mitsi Evos flying about, you will see their calipers in bright red with a big white Brembo sign on - standard stock for Mitsubishi Lancer EVO - good enuf 4 me!;)

Quote: Originally posted by konahead on 05 December 2002

allo kk-man...you are a really quick mover...ill be doing mine next week cos aint got no time this week...

how long do they take to run in and bed properly?
Kona,

200km to 300km to run-in...

Silver Fabia vRS

Ive got Tarox G88s up front on my 172 with Tarox fast road pads all round and they seem very good...stop very well once hot and have no fade.

now i came up with another brand AP racing ...... i think they will cost the most huh? .. its gonna be hard all good brands Brembo, Tar-ox and AP

ooooh, ap racing, i like!!! but my bank account will be well and truly busted if i go for those...

in view of the budget that i have to work with, definitely the only choice is the brembo max as even the tarox monza is more expensive...*sigh* so much things to do, so little moolah...

had the maxxes put in yesterday at the cost of (including labour) UKP76 thereabouts...

still running in now but already i can feel improved retardation to the tune of about 20 to 30% which of course is subjective...well at least it was better than the stock discs which were slightly warped and giving lots of feedback thru the brake pedal...

will take about 2 to 300 km for run-in and then the fun begins :cool:

kOnAhEaD