ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brembo convervsion brackets

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
What size discs are you planning to use? They say they are for 300mm disc's which is fine, but if you're planning on using 280mm you can't use those brackets. Nobody has machined 10mm off a brembo caliper because the internal cavity size of the caliper is unknown, and milling a hole into it wouldn't be a good idea! For 280mm discs you need 5mm off the caliper and bracket mounting faces.
Also there was a batch made on here a while ago out of 7xxx aluminium and although its strong it doesn't resist corrosion well. See https://www.cliosport.net/threads/failed-brembo-brackets.824410/.

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
OH! That was in reference to the brackets, sorry I missed that.

Just looked at that post, yeah man that's not good! I'll just stick with the Pure Motorsport ones, unless you're still making them?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
OH! That was in reference to the brackets, sorry I missed that.

Just looked at that post, yeah man that's not good! I'll just stick with the Pure Motorsport ones, unless you're still making them?
I've sent all I have made out for coating. I'm not sure if they are all spoken for atm. I'll probably do some more but they won't be for a couple of months. If your sticking with 300 discs then the pure brackets are spot on?.

406 V6, Race Buggy
Also there was a batch made on here a while ago out of 7xxx aluminium and although its strong it doesn't resist corrosion well. See https://www.cliosport.net/threads/failed-brembo-brackets.824410/.

Ouch, yes, don't use 7075 where crevice corrosion is likely! At least anodise it...
6082 is far better suited for long term use where a couple of grams don't matter (and a caliper bracket is mainly about stiffness rather than strength anyway)

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I'd rather have the pms ones. I don't see any reason to make them like that for 300 discs. Steel ones have plenty of thread to screw into, no need for studs. Hopefully they are better made then their Clio inlets too!

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
Yeah for sure, ill be getting the PMS ones come pay day, just popped up when looking for pins, whats the issue with the inlets? Seen then about but never looked into it as they're daft money

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
You still need to be careful with the 300mm conversion if the Turinis have wheel weights as iv recently found out with the PMS bracket.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
You still need to be careful with the 300mm conversion if the Turinis have wheel weights as iv recently found out with the PMS bracket.
Yeah there's not much air between the wheel and caliper. Using hex head bolts instead of cap heads gives you a few more mm clearance but probably still not enough for wheel weights.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
PMS all the way.
Pay cheap pay twice IMO

PMS are on another level and are a good bit of kit, A very good bit of kit for 300mm discs

Im running 16" Cup Turnin's and I have had no issues or problems. All I done was get the wheels balanced on the inside edge away from the calliper.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
If anyone interested, there are some PMS adaptors for 300mm discs on Facebook marketplace, at 100pounds.