ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brembo calipers

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I have Megane brembo calipers, and some 300mm disks, can someone point me in the direction of the brackets I need? Or have I got to make some myself? I'd really like some off the shelf ones but not willing to pay pure Motorsport prices.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
There is a few choices for brackets.

Chris is selling 280mm & 300mm brackets over in the "For Sale" Section -
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/br...-to-172-182-cheap.786845/page-3#post-11021898

Another user is looking to sell 280mm brackets -
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/brembo-four-pot-280mm-brackets-£105-posted.788376/

You then have the Pure Motorsport 300mm brackets -
http://www.pure-motorsport.co.uk/details.php?itemid=318&model=6

There is also Sussex Performance that do 280mm & 300mm brackets -
http://www.spead.co.uk/brakes-clio-172-182/

Last edited:

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone have a drawing I can use and get my own machined? £170+ for a set is ridiculous when they can be made for less than £100

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I have access to machines and I'd love to know how you can make them for less than £100 mate. Genuinely interested.
I'm basing my opinion on the fact that they can be made for £100 and still have some money in them for it to be worth doing a group buy.

I'm sure if I bought the materials and offered cash to a local machinist I could get them made for not a lot more

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I'm basing my opinion on the fact that they can be made for £100 and still have some money in them for it to be worth doing a group buy.

I'm sure if I bought the materials and offered cash to a local machinist I could get them made for not a lot more
The best I could get them done for was around £130-£140 a pair. That's using top notch materials as well. Whenever I see them come up at cheap prices, I'm afraid I instantly think corners are being cut with material spec etc. I've seen just how little material there is left to hold the caliper on, so they need to be proper. This is one thing about Chris Powell's brackets - they're proven to work.

Brakes are a real critical component as I'm sure you'll agree, so cutting corners is a no no to me.

I'm not saying you'd cut corners either mate.

I have access to machines and I'd love to know how you can make them for less than £100 mate. Genuinely interested.

Agreed, a lot of time and scrap material in some of these brackets. That I do understand.

What I don't understand is when it suddenly became unacceptable in the eyes of CS for anything to be sold at a profit...? No I don't buy stuff from KTEC, but I accept they're a business and need to make a profit to sustain themselves.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
The best I could get them done for was around £130-£140 a pair. That's using top notch materials as well. Whenever I see them come up at cheap prices, I'm afraid I instantly think corners are being cut with material spec etc. I've seen just how little material there is left to hold the caliper on, so they need to be proper. This is one thing about Chris Powell's brackets - they're proven to work.

Brakes are a real critical component as I'm sure you'll agree, so cutting corners is a no no to me.

I'm not saying you'd cut corners either mate.

Well I've designed some myself but I'd rather ones that have been tested. I was about 3 hours late to catch Chris Powells ones which im gutted about and I like yourself don't trust the other ones. (Or mine come to that lol)
£130 is fine by me although slightly expensive imo. I've got 6mm steel holding the ones on currently which cost me next to nothing to make they just don't fit properly or satisfactory

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Agreed, a lot of time and scrap material in some of these brackets. That I do understand.

What I don't understand is when it suddenly became unacceptable in the eyes of CS for anything to be sold at a profit...? No I don't buy stuff from KTEC, but I accept they're a business and need to make a profit to sustain themselves.
I've got a design that's to suit every option as well. Want 280's? No problem. Got 280's but want to upgrade to 300's? No bother again. Want 300's? Yep, you guessed it, no bother. Even if your calipers are machined for 280's, it's all covered for.

Well I've designed some myself but I'd rather ones that have been tested. I was about 3 hours late to catch Chris Powells ones which im gutted about and I like yourself don't trust the other ones. (Or mine come to that lol)
£130 is fine by me although slightly expensive imo. I've got 6mm steel holding the ones on currently which cost me next to nothing to make they just don't fit properly or satisfactory
6mm steel?! Lol! You've got to upload some pics of that!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Pure Motorsport ones are £210 delivered and are a work of art IMO and you know that you have a good quality product thats from a well trusted company with a good rep.
Like northloop has said brakes are a MUST on anything that moves so i would rather pay top dollar with an invoice for a part that is crucial to having the brembo upgrade

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a design that's to suit every option as well. Want 280's? No problem. Got 280's but want to upgrade to 300's? No bother again. Want 300's? Yep, you guessed it, no bother. Even if your calipers are machined for 280's, it's all covered for.

6mm steel?! Lol! You've got to upload some pics of that!

It's not using the Megane brembos it's using other ones. So not as bad as it sounds