ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

breaks binding slightly

Ive just replaced my front break discs and pads. Took it for MOT the next day and he said the pads are binding slightly. I was jsut a caution nothing to fail it though.

What can I do to stop this and what it the likley cause? When I fitted them I cleaned off all of the break dust from the area around the pads. Could it be the piston is sticking? in which case how can i fix this?

Or should I just leave them and they will fix themselves as the bed in? I havent checked them yet Ive done about 200 miles since i fitted them, when the mot was done they had only done 7 miles or something like that.

Clio Williams2

Ive got the same problem I think, must have done at least 400 miles since replacing but did brake a bit strongly for a long distance before the brakes were bedded in at about 100 miles (from about 70 to 10 in as short a distance as possible with brakes not fully effective). my right front brake still has an annoying squeek and seems to stick after standing for a while.

Sorry, no solution though