ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

breaking/fog

Renault Clio MK2 PH2
when i break my fog light indicator comes up on my dashboard? anyone know the reason for this and how it can be sorted?

I think its something to do with the brake fluid level, Might be getting that mixed up with another dashboard light though. Someone will correct me.

R5GTTx2,R11,Clio DCI
sounds like ya brake lights are earthing thru the foglight connections on rear lamp, as stated above ;)

as far as i remember, i think its the handbrake light that also doubles as a low brake fluid warning light?!?

clio grande
just doing this for brake/break typo - FREE FIX - FINE NOSED long pointy pliers, take the rear light clusters apart, one at a time. UNPLUG the electrical connector. Use long-nosed pliers to grip head-on the EARTH connector PRONG it might be the third one down, from memory, trace the one that goes to metal track common to ALL the bulbs. TWIST THIS PRONG by just a fraction. You can WD40 it and re-assemble. Do both to be sure, but boy, have some people spent money on new light clusters - my spouse's mechanic waxed on about what a good deal he got her on a second-hand light cluster - GREAT BUT YOU DON'T NEED IT, THE CURE IS FREE. TWIST THE PRONG WITH FINE-NOSED PLIERS A FRACTION, WD40 AND RE-CONNECT. DONE, FREE!