ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
It’s a 330 mate. The 335 are all Xdrive and that don’t float my boat. Where’s the fun with 4wd! Lol

Was it you that said there can be issues with the x-drive if you have large variations in tread depth?
Looks a similar spec to the Mrs’ , m-performance pack?
You gonna fit an LSD? Mrs’ always feels like it wants to spin up in anything but perfect conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Was it you that said there can be issues with the x-drive if you have large variations in tread depth?
Looks a similar spec to the Mrs’ , m-performance pack?
You gonna fit an LSD? Mrs’ always feels like it wants to spin up in anything but perfect conditions.

Yeah it can cause issues with the xdrive if the variation is too much, but having said that, I’ve only seen one transfer box that’s fucked. Seen 2 front diffs fucked though.

It’ll get the mperformance splitter and black kidney grilles and that’s your lot. There’s things that can be done to it at work, but I can’t say too much for obvious reasons.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
You'll probably get it cheaper from work but get the trans oil changed

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZF-8HP70...h=item2cb47bead4:g:UPEAAOSwYFpbNhHl:rk:2:pf:0

s-l1600-2.jpg

Clio 172 Cup/F80 M3
Good to see you finally got sorted with a car mate!

Just been reading your thread for the past 2 hours at work this morning, cheers for a good read!

Gearbox is now back in the car, thanks again for sorting it buddy (Y)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
What does the software update comprise of? ?

Nice car btw
I love the estates!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Good to see you finally got sorted with a car mate!

Just been reading your thread for the past 2 hours at work this morning, cheers for a good read!

Gearbox is now back in the car, thanks again for sorting it buddy (Y)
Yeah it’s been a long time coming mate! Lol!

f**king hell you must’ve been bored at work then to read all this drivel! ?

No problem at all. Look after it!

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Loads of different magic tricks mate that zee churmans have changed. Egr valve operation is a common change in most updates, but stuff like dsc, pdc, the auto box and other ecu controlled components also get updates.

Cheers!

Have there been any in the last year?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Definatly one of the best available, and yeah there's probably more suitable cars to use on track every blue moon! What's keeping the garage warm next then Mark? ?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Definatly one of the best available, and yeah there's probably more suitable cars to use on track every blue moon! What's keeping the garage warm next then Mark? ?
Yeah I think I’m done with trackdays and stuff now tbh mate. It’s genuinely upset me saying goodbye to FKU, but it was the right thing to do.
What’s next? Not sure mate. Not even sure that my head or hearts in it anymore tbf. I’ll be banging the mperformance kit on the 30d, but that’s about it. It already thinks it’s got an alpina auto box in there (different software) and the engine thinks it’s something else....? the power of clever coding!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I think I’m done with trackdays and stuff now tbh mate. It’s genuinely upset me saying goodbye to FKU, but it was the right thing to do.
What’s next? Not sure mate. Not even sure that my head or hearts in it anymore tbf. I’ll be banging the mperformance kit on the 30d, but that’s about it. It already thinks it’s got an alpina auto box in there (different software) and the engine thinks it’s something else....? the power of clever coding!
You'll be back, they all come back?. Just don't stop fixing gearboxes for French tin cans!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
You'll be back, they all come back?. Just don't stop fixing gearboxes for French tin cans!
Lol I don’t think I will mate tbh. Nothing appeals, and I just don’t have the time as proven with the AG. Gearboxes will still be rebuilt, but I can’t say for how long.
This.

Knowing this place, six months from now, you'll have another French hatchback sitting in the garage :ROFLMAO:
Garage is getting converted mate, so no space!

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Glad it has gone to good home mate. It is a very nice car.

You didn't sell it to a lad called Damien did you? He was asking me about this car a couple of weeks ago?

Lotus Elan +2S 130/5
Yeah one of, if not THE best AG’s that’s out there.

No mate. I’m sure the new owner will be along to introduce himself soon enough though.

@mossyv6

Hi,
Couldn't be happier, got asked why I was smiling at work on a Monday today. Drive north to Aberdeen was a bit crap through the snow but no drama and yes @NorthloopCup with the seats down it was rather loud ?

I'll be starting my own thread for it shortly, no major plans or changes, it's spot on, epic.

Innes

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
BMW looks good Mark and makes sense if you have access to coding through work , are you still thinking of a bike at some point or has family life taken over ?

I just picked up a x3 40d , have to say the new gen of BMW's have really moved on.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
BMW looks good Mark and makes sense if you have access to coding through work , are you still thinking of a bike at some point or has family life taken over ?

I just picked up a x3 40d , have to say the new gen of BMW's have really moved on.
Yeah it didn’t need much extra coding as it’s pretty well specced, but it’s nice to be able to code in stuff like the alpina gearbox software etc.
Nah mate. Family life has taken over, so no time for a great deal of anything anymore. I’m lucky if I get to watch f1 in peace and quiet! Lol!

Yeah they’re a great bit of kit. Obviously seeing them everyday allows me to see all the latest tech. The new 8 series is a great looking car too.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
They had a 840 coupe in the showroom when I picked mine up was a stunning grey with gold pearl.

My car is in just now getting a electric folding tow hitch fitted, but they are having issues apparently so have had to order more parts. Sub 5 sec to 60 in a 2+ ton diesel is crazy.