ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

braking Problems

VW Golf TDI
I can hear a slight grinding noise when braking, Been to see my mate who is a tyre fitter etc, he says my discs and pads are nackered, my car has only done 17k could this be right, its a 182 cup 05 reg only registersd in august,

Help??? Oh how much am I looking for a new set of pads etc

Very possible pads are work and so this might mean the pads have scratched the disk.

New pads £40 from Renault or there a decient rage of upgrade stuff ranging from £40 to £120.

New disk are about £60 for a set. Stock/Brembo high carbon are better than fancy dilled oe which only crack.

VW Golf TDI
yeah but do you have to change the discs or will they be ok as this has only just started to happen, they have a slight lip on them,

The noise hapens when you steer out o corners mostly, and when you break when moving slowly

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Tbh mate the discs should be good for about 30k , so without seeing how bad they are its hard to say if the discs are still ok . Sounds like the pads have worn down to the metal and put grooves in them .

All discs get a slight lip on them , its nothing to worry about , its just where the pad doesn't make contact .

VW Golf TDI
its not too bad just lt just looks a bit rusty and shitty tbh, might just get some new pads as the groves arent that bad, and I have got the car up 4 sale aswell, so pads should be ok, i have only just noticed the noise today,

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ Sounds like the best idea . New pads and hopefully it should be ok .

yeah but do you have to change the discs or will they be ok as this has only just started to happen, they have a slight lip on them,

The noise hapens when you steer out o corners mostly, and when you break when moving slowly

Renault guides say any less than 21.4mm thick ad they are to be replaced new is 24mm thick.