ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

braking problem!

clio ph2 172
Recently purchased another Clio 172, changed the discs and pads, the OSR caliper was abit tough to rewind but after abit of winding it freed up quite abit! replaced the brake lines to the back as one was seeping! bled the brakes, all went fine, no air!
now the trouble im having is when i press the brakes the pedal goes down and it takes a second before the brakes respond? also if i press them then lift off and back on again the pedal is alot higher and the brakes seem sharper? not sure what this could be? took it to the garage, they re bled the brakes and said they was fine, they told me it could need a new master cylinder?
Also when braking the car is all over the place, could this be down to the lazy caliper on the back? or could it want the suspension refreshing?
feels completely different to my old one!
Any help appreciated!

Are the carrier bolts free? Mine had seized
on the driver side.

Your best bet will be to dismantle everything and checks it's all loose. I bet the caliper has seized up again