ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Braking problem

Clio's
Whn i press the brake i can feel a sort of grinding under my foot and the whole car seems to shakle and vibrate. Can anyone shed any light on what the problem is? its not pads or disks as i have new ones on about 4 days ago? Its far more noticable on the motorway!

b/g 182, meg tourer
i know this sounds really silly but check that all of your wheel bolts are tight! i have known it to happen!

Clio's
nope ive checked that already. pads and discs are fine. as far as i know the rear shoes are fine but i dont think that would affect it this much as most of the braking will be through the front anyway.

Clio's
Were you at james on thursday with yoz? No the steering isnt set up but i havent changed the camber for months and its been alright up until now.

LY 182
could still be discs, if the hub flange wasnt cleaned properly before they were fitted the disc could be sitting on a bit of crap causing it to run un true

never say "its not so and so as ive just fitted new ones" as it normally is