ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Braking in the Wet??

RSi 8v,1.816v,172cup
Hi all

Firstly i wMerry Christmas!!

My question to you all is what are your brakes like in the wet? Mine seem to be non existant when i first apply the brake in the wet which kind of scares the s**t out of me when i forget and head to a junction lol

Would love to know your thoughts or experiences.....im driving a 172Cup

Cheers all

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I don't think it should make a difference if it's wet or dry to the initial bite, its just easier to lock up in the wet so you can't brake as harshly.

twingo
Hi all

My question to you all is what are your brakes like in the wet? Mine seem to be non existant when i first apply the brake in the wet which kind of scares the s**t out of me when i forget and head to a junction lol

Cheers all

sounds like vapour lock mate. check the condition of your pads, if they're alright then your brake fluid's got air pockets in it and will need bled possibly

RSi 8v,1.816v,172cup
Ah cheers all that gives me something to do then this christmas break. It just passed an MOT so would assume brakes are OK so pos the air in fluid then??

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Hi all

Cheers all

Theres your problem, 172cups are leefal in the wet, no abs innit

RSi 8v,1.816v,172cup
Its not it locking up its literally the pedal doesnt stop me like it does if its dry but its only on the first time i apply the foot brake

Its not it locking up its literally the pedal doesnt stop me like it does if its dry but its only on the first time i apply the foot brake

Mine actually does the same thing. In the pouring rain the initial first bite is a bit poop but the front and rear pads and discs are only a couple of thousand miles old, have loads of wear left and the system was bled when I fitted them.
After the first bite though they're as sharp as normal and I've gotten used to it when approaching junctions now.

Suzuki Jimny
Exact same for all the cars i've ever driven. Pouring rain is always going to get brakes wet and I can drive 10 miles without braking, so the first time I need to stop after that is a bit worrying!

RSi 8v,1.816v,172cup
Mine actually does the same thing. In the pouring rain the initial first bite is a bit poop but the front and rear pads and discs are only a couple of thousand miles old, have loads of wear left and the system was bled when I fitted them.
After the first bite though they're as sharp as normal and I've gotten used to it when approaching junctions now.

Well i am going to try bleeding the system maybe even new fluid see what happens. Ive never had it in any other car i have owned. I agree once ive had the intial dodgy experience they are prefect after

Weird!!

Clio 172 Cup
172 cup.. Just don't forget the non-ABS.
The first day I had mine it was the day after the 'storms' and everyone slammed their brakes on a hill including me and I just locked up haa..