ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakes

Silver Renault Clio 182
Just bought some brembo hc vented discs for front so my question is

What is best pads to use?

Also wheres best place to buy them?

Also i read a few articles saying to leave rear standard. If so again where is cheapest place?

Finally what braided hoses would you suggest?

All advice is appreciated!!!

Cheers.

172 cup- suzu rf600r
brembo pads maybe? personally id go with ferodo ds2500's

performance wise i wouldnt worry about the back if its for fast road occasional track, but looks wise id get vented for the rears also so it all matches up, ebay is always worth a look because it wouldnt need to be top notch on the rear (there is decent stuff on ebay too though) and id make sure you get zinc coating to keep them pretty, cant help woth the hoses mate

Silver Renault Clio 182
cheers pal was looking into them pads but few people said they were overkill if just for normal road use. yeah will prob look at vented to keep it looking good lol.

RS 182 CUP
Had brembo discs on front, well impressed, used mine with greenstuuff, much better than previous mintex I had, trying ebc discs ATM not too bad to say I've only had them twodays, just as much stopping as the brembos but much quieter

172 cup- suzu rf600r
cheers pal was looking into them pads but few people said they were overkill if just for normal road use. yeah will prob look at vented to keep it looking good lol.

ye i suppose maybe overkill on the clio, i had them on my 270 brake LCR they were ace, but thats a heavier car, im an even freak so with grooves up front id have to have them on the rear :cool:

Lotus Exige, 182
Do a search, there's a million threads...

I had ds2500s and brembo hc discs. Did loads of track days on them. Well worth the money, which is why they're the standard answer on here.

I never bothered with changing the brake hoses.

TrackCar & F30 330d
DS2500's are rubbish, you want some PF97's or Carbone Lorraine's/CL's

iirc they are the pads men choose ;)

Only joking, 2500's are going to be great for daily driving and fast road or track.