ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakes ????????

Hi All,

Ive got a 172 Cup. My current brake setup is Brembo HC Discs, Yellowstuff Pads and Goodridge Lines. :)

My Discs are now lipped and need to be replaced but my Yellowstuff pads have got about 65% left in them.

Can I change my discs and keep the pads or do i need to change them? I can get the Brembo Max grooved realy cheap. What do you think of the Mintex Xtreme pads?

Please get back to me on this one guys. Many Thanks

Ollie

Cup'd Monaco 172
Wont the disks last until the end of the pad life?

Probably be fine to keep the pads and change the disks, if the pads and disks have worn evenly.

MCS R56
I would change the pads with the discs. Go ds2500's, they are very good. Although, mine squeel like a pig which is beginning to annoy me!

Lionel Richie
just measure the disc thickness? 21.4mm is minimum (24mm when new)

DS2500's are better than yellows

1.2 clio
Personally i would get new of both and get some softer compound pads so that it doesnt wear the discs dowm

Lots of Alfas
I would have though its ok, wack the pads on a grinder for 10 secs to make the surface even and away you go.

ITB BG 182
ds2500 pads squeal like buggery on a mates car as they are more track pad based.
See how much disc you have left, but really should only have to replace pads really i would say.