ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brakes seems very "grabby"

172 cup
bit of history....

I've got standard pads and discs on the front and back

I fitted a brand new rear brake compensator valve last week, fitted refurbed rear callipers from bigg red at the same time, also fitted new flexi brake hoses at the rear

bled the brakes with an eezee bleed kit

right........

when bleeding all four corners, the brake fluid only trickled out each calliper (both front and rear) I bled them for ages and there were no bubbles coming out at all, even gently tapped each calliper to free any bubbles that might have been trapped

when pressing the brakes, the first inch of brake travel seems to offer very little resistance and braking force, they don't seem "spongy" there just isn't much braking force, then the brakes kick in and really seem to "grab" with great force. gently braking seems very hard to gauge

what could be wrong?

172 cup
nope, deff no brake fluid on any discs

the first inch of brake travel is almost free travel with no resistance, then proper feel on the pedal and very grabby brakes