ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakes/Pad for CUP 172

Clio 172 cup 300bhp

I want to improve the brakes of my CUP as I often use it on the track but do use it every day! Is it best to swap hjust the bads although I think my discs might be knackered as they look blue, but not scorched. The pads still look new though. My mate swears by black diamond discs and advise would be greatly received

stick to plain discs, OE or wherever you can get them cheap, discs are just a silly waste of money. Just get new discs and a set of pads from pagid/mintex/ferodo............i go with minted 1144 cause they work, never faded and are cheap as chips.

Did 20 laps on std pads and discs with passenger at combe at june.......only started to boil the fluid near teh end, pads are still fine. and we were out braking all sorts of AWD exotica.

plus, grooves and holes make noise and wear pads FAST!

Try to install pagid blue pads and than decide what you want. In my case I really dont need more. Brakes like H*ll !! First time tapping the brake a thought that the car ejected ME forward in the seatbelt !!