ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakes grinding ....

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Every mroning when i drive to work.... i have to brake within 4 metres of my journey from my house to work.. as there are speed bumps... the first time i brake that day i hear the brakes grinding.... but when i brake 'hard' the grinding goes... and turns to squeeks...

Is it time to change the brakes again?? :(

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Which would u suggest me to do?

Or should i just pop to where i got them changed... and ask them to check them for me??

TeZ

Non RS : (
yeah just get someone to have a quick Check on wear of pads and disks mate no biggy.

TeZ

LOL same as i did last 2 months spent about £800 on my car :(

Service
Cambelt
Aux
Tax
Brakes
Driveshaft
:(

Suzuki Ignis Sport
LOL same as i did last 2 months spent about £800 on my car :(

Service
Cambelt
Aux
Tax
Brakes
Driveshaft
:(
How much was ur cambelt?

I am trying to get hold of Yozzasport to get me a cambelt, and get someone to fit it on, is that a cheaper way do u think??

TeZ

i got One of Fred's mates

Neil to fit mine for about £200 ( including Kit)

yes unless renault near you are any good

yeah just get someone to have a quick Check on wear of pads and disks mate no biggy.

So many things to get done this few months! :(

Service,
Cambelt,
MOT,
Road Tax,
and now brakes!!

i have just had the above all done

i had my cambelt done about 5k ago, cost me about £250 including the water pump

i have spent roughly 1k on my 1.2 since i got it in january....which is why it is still standard

Suzuki Ignis Sport
So many things to get done this few months! :(

Service,
Cambelt,
MOT,
Road Tax,
and now brakes!!

i have just had the above all done

i had my cambelt done about 5k ago, cost me about £250 including the water pump

i have spent roughly 1k on my 1.2 since i got it in january....which is why it is still standard

Where did u get ur cambelt changed mate?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
So best thing for me is to ask around... and get the best possible price?..

would it better and cheaper option to buy the cambelt off yozzasport.. quoted around the £70 mark i think.... and then ask whether a local garage would fit it for me?...

or would it be around the same price just getting them to order the parts in and get them to fit it??