ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakes Grinding & More On Expression PLus, DCI 1.5 80BHP

Hey Guys, i have 2 problems with my CLio Expression Plus, 1.5 DCI 80BHP.

Problem 1: Braking
I found out by absolutely filling my pants with you know what, that when braking hard the brakes grind as if its juttering to a stop, but stops smoothly, can only feel the juttering through the pedal. The car stops really good. its like the brakes cant handle the pressure and lets go if you know what i mean. but when braking gently the grinding never happens, and i think the grinding is coming from left fron wheel too.

Problem 2: Grinding
When at stop at lights, and you want to move forward i move forward by just lifting the clutch up with no acceleration as i only want to move forward abit so no need to accelerate, There grinding noise coming from front of car, could it be the drive shaft to the wheels thats grinding or??? but it doesnt happen when using acceleration.

Any help or advice would be very grateful, hoping its nothing serious as i cant afford to get anything done atm.

Clio MK 4
check for any rust. Mine did it in the morning for first couple minutes. usually when its been raining. rust just starts to build up sometimes