ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakes- discs/ pads help

Arctic Blue 182FF
I had an advisory for my front discs on the last mot, I was gonna to replace them with brembo hc discs, i dunno if its worth upgrading the pads or not? Everyone on here seems to go for the ds25000? They seem pretty expensive, i dont really use the car that often (it's got silly low mileage, I usually drive work vehicles), but when I do I drive it pretty hard.... Would OE not be OK?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Pagid pads from euro car parts (£15) is all you will need on the road with brembo discs. Used that combo on track too, was fine.

M2 Comp
I would agree with the guys above. I've had both pad types and the DS2500's weren't £100 better. I'd imagine it to be a different story on track, but that's irrelevant if you aren't planning to do any track days!

172 Cup
I have Pagid discs and pads on all corners and they've never let me down over the last 2 and a half years of road use.

172 cup
As mentioned pagids (£18 I think for me ) lasted 6000 ish miles including a trip to the ring (albeit only 2 wet laps) and died at about half 3 on a track day at oulton which I thought was acceptable for the price. I was also doing quite long stints as well, probably 15 mins at oulton so for the price fine. This included the pads last many blasts and the evo triangle. Additionally on a road I was unfamiliar on I shaved off too much speed on every bend causing the pads to smoke and glowing discs. So for £18 and £30 ish discs I thought for the road they are fine and the track performance was very impressive.

I am now going with a more traxk orientated pad though or even a brembo set up when time allows.

I hope this helps

Phase 2 Iceberg 172
You looked at the mintex 1144 pads yet? they are half the price of the ds2500 but are not half the performance.

Arctic Blue 182FF
Cool thanks everyone :smile: i couldn't believe the price of the ferodos I think probably the pagids it is.... with the money saved I'll get them to check the rears