ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake servo prob

2001 clio rsi 1.6 16v
i have just had manifold fixed now brake pedal is hard like servo not working any usual causes? help apreciated, looked at vac pipe seems ok guy who did my manifold recons needs new servo seems like a coincidence,
please help

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Servo vac pipe may be fitted but somtimes they are loose if they have been pulled out

fit a cable tie to it TIGHT! as a quick fix, see if that works! If it does then replace it with a small jubilee!

Second thing to check would be at the servo end

2001 clio rsi 1.6 16v
thanks will try that, am i right in thinking vac pipe is one atached to inlet manifold??
anyone in northeast area willing to look at in 4 me??

2001 clio rsi 1.6 16v
not that i know of fitted well had it to another garage and in 5 min they told me i need new servo but im not convinced as they just took it for a drive a need sum place that wont take the mick, when braking a can here a very slight gurgling sound under bonnet?

2001 clio rsi 1.6 16v
im going mad any ideas what this mite be any way i can test servo ect? heard of something call vac control valve mite this be prob? please help

Clio Sport 182
engine off pump the brake pedal until it goes hard hold it down then start the car if it goes down a bit the servo is working if not it's faulty or it might be the one way valve faulty if it has one

clio sport 182
ginna took the words right out of my mouth,did the pedal go down after you pumped it then turned the engine over?