ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake question..i nearly killed myself and others...

heard it this morning while driving slowly round the corner...

i usually have my cd up loud...to drown out the rattles etc...so i had a quick look at my rear disks...

HUGE crack...maby just unde half a cm wide...from the centre to the outside..

FECK...id just drove down from john o groats to glasgow aswell on the A9..at very unrespectible speeds...

took it to the garage...4 more cracks on the disk...thing looked like it was hanging on for dear life...

now question...

if i had been driving along and the disk failed...would the back left wheel lock up...killing me..pedestrians...deer...everything..??

what would actually happen..? is there a stage where the calipers wont push the pads in any further..?? or will they catch..

causing death etc...

moral of the story...make sure you have a will..

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
It could have been very serious for you and others if they went and locked up your rear wheel. probaly would have caused you to career straight to the left or spin you. Perhaps even flip your car.

perhaps im being a bit dramatic, though.

It could have been very serious for you and others if they went and locked up your rear wheel. probaly would have caused you to career straight to the left or spin you. Perhaps even flip your car.

perhaps im being a bit dramatic, though.

thats what i thought....so it really would lock up completely...?

sack that....

Clio 197
Have a peek at your discs regularly. Those cracks didn't just appear overnight. You want to catch them when they are little.