ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake problem

After driving my girlfriends rt the weekend, it became clear to me that there is a problem with the brakes on my valver. Ive driven her car before and didnt notice a problem so it must be newish. the pedal goes quite far down before any stopping happens (on the rt it was right at the top), so i bled the brakes today and the problem is still there. i also took the back wheel off to inspect the rear discs and pads. the pads still have some life left and the discs are worn and corroded but not too bad. i think ill replace these as a matter of cause tho. The front discs are two months old and the pads are kevlar too.

Could it be the master cylinder or anything else???

Help appreciated!!

Do they brake well enough though?

My brothers g/f has an RT, and her brake pedal is at the top too. I have to go a bit further down with mine, but its brakes a lot better than the RT.

brakes well enough, but i think the pedal is travelling too far. It travels about half way before brakes start to bite.