ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake problem any ideas?

172cup/ insignia
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas beofre it goes to the garage, i came back off holiday yesterday and took the clio for a run out and when ever i press brake i can hear a clicking/tapping which slows down as car slows down.

cheers Lee

Ph2 Flamer
What have you checked? Pads worn? Anything loose flapping about under there etc? Might be worth getting the front jacked up spin the wheels and get someone to depress the brake see if you can follow the noise to the problem... Or garage like you say.

172cup/ insignia
its the rear right brakes for sure cant see anything but had to go to work so cudnt jack it up will nip garage tomorow and get him to check and he will let me know if its covered under extended warranty as well

Ph2 Flamer
cool, good luck. If the frequency of the knocking is related to the speed of the vehicle then perhaps it's a deformity of the disc knocking the pad...

172cup/ insignia
just dont know how its happened after being sat for 2 weeks and i didnt even open it up are do any heavy braking and i dont use the handbrake until im parked. Will have to chuck some more money at it , if the discs has gone will replace both. If it is cracked/warped etc what disc and pads are recommend as its got brembo hc disks and ds2500 on the rear

Ph2 Flamer
oem or the combo you've got are pretty much the recommended options unless you're tracking it or really give it some on the b roads. Obviously there's others but you've got a good set-up for general use. G 172 is a trader on here and does the Brembo discs and pads at good prices. Was £74 for discs and pads for the fronts when I checked so rears are a bit more I think.

172cup/ insignia
Got it sorted guys. The mechanic just removed it cleaned the caliper out and cleaned discs and all is well again :)