ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake pad worn out ??

Static Low
On my drivers side i think.
Everytime i brake im getting this crunching sound from my drivers side wheel, its disgusting. I went out for a look and i think the brake pad has worn and its making a groove in the brake disc ??

anyone got any ideas

thanks for any help

Static Low
No help then :(.

Its booked into arnold clark anyway.
hopefully the problem will be sorted under warranty

On my drivers side i think.
Everytime i brake im getting this crunching sound from my drivers side wheel, its disgusting. I went out for a look and i think the brake pad has worn and its making a groove in the brake disc ??

anyone got any ideas

thanks for any help
You appear to have answered your own question.

Static Low
I was just guessing, that was the issue.
I dont havea clue about theses sort of things and was looking for someone to either tell me that im talking shite or im basically right. :)

If the pad has started to score the disc, get them changed. If you leave them (so it gets worse) you'll need new discs too.

Static Low
Should be gettting changed tomorrow mate.
it has already scored the disc though.
hopefully covered under warranty, should have been renewed.
i only got the car 2000miles ago

Static Low
thats shocking.
they should have been replaced before i got the car.

but if youre talking about the renault warranty i have the autocare one from arnold clark.

il see what the score is tomorrow anyway

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Yeh...my car has brake pads fitted to it also, they too seem to wear out just like the tyres....very odd don't you think

:quiet: :quiet: :quiet:

Clio Sport 182
if the guy only just bought the car (used car sales from a dealer) and has done 2000 miles in it i would expect him to get them replaced for free..

what type of dealer sends a car out with 90% worn pads in it ?? i guess the used car prep wasn't done on it or it was done by a blind man !

this guy was only askin for help as he stated he aint got a clue why all the remarks ?? i thought these sites were supposed to help people not rip the sh*t out of them ????

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
if the guy only just bought the car (used car sales from a dealer) and has done 2000 miles in it i would expect him to get them replaced for free..

what type of dealer sends a car out with 90% worn pads in it ?? i guess the used car prep wasn't done on it or it was done by a blind man !

this guy was only askin for help as he stated he aint got a clue why all the remarks ?? i thought these sites were supposed to help people not rip the sh*t out of them ????

+1, totally agree

Mondeo TDCI 130
^ correct, they will probably not be covered by anykind of paper warranty, BUT if you have just bought the car off a dealer, you should be expecting them to replace the items for you mate!

ITB'd MK1
I've killed a set of discs and pads in 2k before ;) It's possible that there's a caliper probelm and the pad has been worn out very fast. Pads are cheap and discs aren't too pricey either really so if it's not covered by the warantee, it shouldn't hurt the wallet too badly

A clue to age and condition would be to look at the back face of the discs, they always wear worse than the outside face.

Static Low
I've killed a set of discs and pads in 2k before ;) It's possible that there's a caliper probelm and the pad has been worn out very fast. Pads are cheap and discs aren't too pricey either really so if it's not covered by the warantee, it shouldn't hurt the wallet too badly

A clue to age and condition would be to look at the back face of the discs, they always wear worse than the outside face.

Got it sorted out mate :)

Got front discs and pads changed free of charge.

Static Low

Hey, thanks for that.
People who take the piss are just crap anyway & wouldnt do it to my face because they hide behind a computer screen. But yeah, i just wanted some help because i didnt have a clue. Got it sorted out anyway. thanks