ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake pad wear!

fat 182
just ahd my 24000 service and got told my pads are worn 60% on the front which i reckon is about right ,but the told me there 90%worn on the back !

but on the 12000 service they where 30% on the front and 20% on the back

the wear rates on the back pads just dont seam right to me i think i will have a look my self this weekend

Lionel Richie
Renault's way of measuring pad wear is by look at them, not exactly the most accurate measuring device! LOL

new pads are only £22 for the rear, but get a second opinion

minimum rear pad thickness is 6mm(including backing plate), minimum rear disc thickness is 7mm

Lionel Richie
Renault's way of measuring pad wear is by look at them, not exactly the most accurate measuring device! LOL

new pads are only £22 for the rear, but get a second opinion

minimum rear pad thickness is 6mm(including backing plate), minimum rear disc thickness is 7mm

Iceberg 172

Ah, just what I was looking for! What thickness are they when new? And at what thickness would you recommend changing them at?

Last edited:
  Iceberg 172
they're not very thick when new, i would guess at about 10mm???

Hmm cheers Fred. I had a quick look yesterday (through the wheel) and thought they looked low, but off the top if my head, I'd say they were 5-6mm friction material NOT including backing plate. Will check again.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
2k old EBC's

DSCF1322.gif

For sale to ;)