ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Pad Question for Phase 1 172 (not Ferodo DS2500)

Hi,

Ive ordered some Brembo Discs and am looking what pads to go with them. Ive had FerodoDS2500 pads before and although good, have always had issues with the amount of noise they make and the cost. Could someone suggest a pad for medium/heavy road use other than the Ferodos? Ive been told Mintex1144 or EBC Greenstuff but would like to know what everyone has experience of?

Chris

Westy. MX5
Mintex are well liked but not the EBC's. There is always the Renault OE's to consider as well, they are reliable.

I have Renault OE and are fine for road use including spirited driving. The OE ones I have are manufactured by Ferodo.

182cup
Ive ordered some Mintex M1444's not being fitted for a couple of weeks but thought I would give them a go at £55

thanks all, managed to find some Ferodo non DS2500's from NWPerformance (thanks JonC). Just OE replacements so im told they wont have the squeal. only £34.99, bargain!

Chris

clio sport 172 cup
ive just got some textar oe quality pads for a massive £9.48 oh the joys of working for euro car parts

Vw caddy tdi
Try the ones below the ds2500 still ferrodo, think someone on here was selling them I did 5yr and 30k from them no problems atall best set up for road use imo.