ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake line route

one thing my car failed its MOT on yesterday was the front brake lines touching the wheel when at full lock. took my wheel off today and noticed the lines run behind the shock, this pic will help understand

2ivmmjd.gif

should they be like that or should they run in front of the shock?

Lionel Richie
measure best you can how long the brake line is (bit of string and transfer it onto a tape measure) then someone can do the same on their car

i don't mind jacking one of the car up outside and checking

I had the same with mine - didn't fail the MOT though. Mine weren't tight but they did touch.

I measured them against the originals and they were exactly the same length. I did play about with them but couldn't get them to not touch at full lock.

What are the rules for the MOT is it touching the strut at all or only if they are tight against it?

35cm connector to connector.

as for the rules they state because they touch the inside of the wheel when on full lock that results in a fail.

measured my originals with these mocal ones and like mark123 there exactly the same length.
puzzled as to how/why these are touching on full lock...

anyone with standard hoses on fancy doing me a favour and checking when on full lock there brake hose touches the inside of the wheel??

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
sometimes the hose can be ever so slightly twisted (not bad enough to cause a kink) and when full lock is applied it manages to curl itself into the tyre

who fit them? as it should be checked on full lock when first fit

PH1 172 Sport
Setup looks ok to me just checked mine and they are nowhere near the tyre on full lock. Is it safe to assume your using the stock wheel/tyre setup?

i fitted them myself. it only just touches the wheel on full lock. comes nowhere near the wheel at any other time bar when on full lock. i'll have a gander at them tomorrow morning and see if they may be ever so slightly twisted.

yep using std ph2 172 wheels and 195/45/16 tyres.