ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake help

Clio 172 sport
Right had new brakes all round today discs and pads,rear passanger calliper was seized so got another one and fitted that on, both front calipers was half seized but freed them up,so all good pulled off drive and brakes was sharp, drove up road to test them then brake peddal hit the floor. Pulled back on drive bled all brakes twice with new fluid tested again and still hitting the floor. Brake peddal will pump and goes solid but once it drives a bit straight to floor again. No leaks no warning lights so please some ideas I've thought it could be master cylinder and/or servo but don't want to buy all stuff and be in same place thanks for any info

PH2 172
Right had new brakes all round today discs and pads,rear passanger calliper was seized so got another one and fitted that on, both front calipers was half seized but freed them up,so all good pulled off drive and brakes was sharp, drove up road to test them then brake peddal hit the floor. Pulled back on drive bled all brakes twice with new fluid tested again and still hitting the floor. Brake peddal will pump and goes solid but once it drives a bit straight to floor again. No leaks no warning lights so please some ideas I've thought it could be master cylinder and/or servo but don't want to buy all stuff and be in same place thanks for any info

Do the brakes pump up solid and stay that way till you drive the car?If so ,sounds like something is knocking the pads back.Did you transfer the spacer behind the rear discs.Sometimes they stick to the old disc.

Clio 172 sport
No spacer when I got them off and did check with Renault who said they don't have spacers on the cup but find that strange. The brakes pump solid but once you drive it goes to floor or if you leave it a few mins, but wen you hold foot on the pedal it does not lose pressure

PH2 172
No spacer when I got them off and did check with Renault who said they don't have spacers on the cup but find that strange. The brakes pump solid but once you drive it goes to floor or if you leave it a few mins, but wen you hold foot on the pedal it does not lose pressure

I would get that confirmed with a CS trader.They may have thought you meant ABS rings?
Did you bleed it this order LH(UK passenger side) Rear,RH front,RH Rear.LH Front?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I would get that confirmed with a CS trader.They may have thought you meant ABS rings?
Did you bleed it this order LH(UK passenger side) Rear,RH front,RH Rear.LH Front?

That's wrong.

You start furthest away from the master, so it would be n/s/r then o/s/r then n/s/f then o/s/f

I have the same problem, haven't found out what's causing it though. It's in with a garage at the moment. I'll post back up when they find what the cause is.

PH2 172
That's wrong.

You start furthest away from the master, so it would be n/s/r then o/s/r then n/s/f then o/s/f

My apoligies if that was wrong,I only reposted what I had read on CS,which about the dumbest thing I could do,since some don`t seem their left from their right.Having gone over other postings on the same subject,there is an immense variation of suggestions.Some even suggest starting at the front or that it does not really matter.
If we can agree that LHR is furthest away from master cylinder,and that RHF is the same circuit,what I suggested is very likely correct,as it make make sense to complete 1 circuit before you start on the other.
If you had brake failure on both LH calipers,the outcome would not be too promising.
Also,it has been suggested that cars with ABS need the utilisation of Clip to bleed the brakes.For some reason,I thought this one was a Cup.
I`m going to butt out now,and let the experts argue over it.