ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake fluids

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
Currently I believe my car has halfrauds dot 5.1 in it

Im looking to drain the fluids and replace them with something a bit better.

What do people recommend:

1: for someone on a budget

2: someone who isn't on a budget

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
I do use the car on track, the Halfords stuff seems to not be lasting to well. bled the brakes a few times and I get a soft pedal half way through sessions
I'm runnin Carbon lorrainnes so I know its not the pads lol

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
superblue seems like a good option

however i'm an arsepiece. Castrol SRF requires testing north of the border I feel.
Shall order some up at the tail end of next week and get it fired in.

We've got a new brake bleeder at work so I can test that out too! LOL :D

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Motul RBF for me.

if you are a baller srf but i can't see the value in it unless you're competing.

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
fraser when ive got the brake bleeder home from work we can just do both cars.
It sucks the fluid through from the bleed nipple so it should be a relatively clean and quick job :)

182 Cup, DC2, E500
I still cannot believe they put the fluid reservoir so low down in the bay!

How the heck do you get to it, change the fluid or read the bloody level?!

swift
ATE Super Blue Racing Fluid, Castrol SRF Brake Fluid , Motul RBF600 Barke Fluid are some good options . I also want to suggest you that Changing old brake fluid removes water from the brake lines. Changing old brake fluid is extremely important because new (dry) brake fluid has a much higher boiling point, compared to older (wet) brake fluid. Compressible gas bubbles form when brake fluid boils, which can result in a soft brake pedal.

Once brake fluid soaks up moisture it thickens and will not be able to withstand the heat create under the pressure of heavy braking. What happens next is a significant drop in the fluids boiling temperature (wet boiling point). When the fluid boils it turns into vapor and forms air bubbles, and this can result in more pedal travel to properly apply the brakes (soft pedal). also on time brake service can increase your and your car life.