ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake fluid reservoir

Black 197
Hi all...

This may sound daft but i recently changed the pads on my RS182 and i swear for the life of me i cant find the brank fluid reservoir !.. I've checked the book and it looks like its under the coolant bottle but i cant see it !.. Now im thinking its behind the material to which the coolant bottle is attached to but i dont know.. sorry for the Nooby question but any help would be great

Rossy182

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Mine is under my Engine Cover the Rear Right of the Plenhum as you're looking at the Engine Bay

Black 197
Mine is under my Engine Cover the Rear Right of the Plenhum as you're looking at the Engine Bay

Nope checked and its not there... Even took it to a local garage and they couldn't find it lmao.. one of life's mysteries i think lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Take the engine cover off, and it's on the top left of the engine bay.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
DSCF0495-1.jpg

Where the yellow arrow is pointing.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Oops my bad.... I'm having one of those days (Holds hands out in front of myself to remind me of my Left and Right :eek:)

clio sport 172
Thank god for that..... i have just started an hour ago, we have no light and i need to get the piston pressed in! Thanks for the pics.... spent most of the light looking for the brake fluid, great pic!

Clio Sport 172
I have the exact same problem, cant find it. This was a really uselful theread cheers guys. What i dont understand is why in the picture in the renault manual they show the reservoir between the powersteering and rad water, when in reality its over the other side of the bay! cheers though, helped me out big time :)

Clio 182
Guys just to bump an old post, how do I check the level of this? My abs light and service light keeps coming on and this is all I can think of lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Guys just to bump an old post, how do I check the level of this? My abs light and service light keeps coming on and this is all I can think of lol

Look at brake fluid reservoir, if fluid is between min and max jobs a good un.

Also low fluid usually means brake pads might be low.