ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake feel (V6)

I've had the V6 for the best part of a month now but I'm still unsure as to the feel of the brakes. When driving normally the brakes feel fine, they bite and slow you smoothly. But when breaking from higher speed they feel slightly juddery. It seems to feel like it comes from the front and it's noticeable from the inside the car, through the steering wheel, and can also be heard.

I have nothing in a way of comparison, so don't know if that's what the brakes are like. The car was 15 months old when I bought it with only 2200 miles on the clock. I wondered whether it might be because it's been sat for a while but they don't seem to be improving.

Any ideas gratefully recieved.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
Brake very gently from 10mph down to a stop... do you feel an "on off on off" sensation ?

I can't feel it at speeds under 20 mph. Just been out for a drive and it seems really noticeable from about 60mph if you brake steadily. I tried a few very hard stops and the abs came on. I'm starting to think it may be warped disks but is there any easy way to be sure?

clio v6
a good garage will check your disc run out for you..this will show if the discs are warped.
i am in devon if that helps

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
we have the equipment to check disc run out, and if its wrong we can either replace the disc or give renault a call to see if they can help at all with the problem.

happily check them over for you FOC,

Andy
GDI

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
warped disk can be caused by a sticking piston a caliper, thats the only way renault are going to pay for it lol