ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake dust

Golf GTD Mk7
Finally got the car back after a while :S Anyway, just looking over it today and its covered in what looks like brake dust rusty stuff everywhere (must have been following someone and it covered me, its on the roof mainly). I've tried removing it with clay bar (intensive stuff), and machine polishing, but it doesn't shift it. The only thing that works is using intensive polish on a microfibre (which causes maring), and then buffing it back up with the rotary. Any other options people have tried?

clio mk2
sounds like iron fallout, you'll just ruin your claybar straight away. you need either iron x or wolf's brake duster before claying. they are both very similar but the wolf's is half the price and is actually in stock at the minute (very popular). this stuff is amazing when it gets going, it turns purple when it reacts with the iron fallout/brake dust. have a look at a few youtube vids! it will be worth using a tar remover like Tardis or AG intensive tar remover beforehand too! ;)

Golf GTD Mk7
it's a browney/orange colour. Definately brake dust from looking at it. I'll be purchasing some of that stuff tomorrow :) Just been watching some vids on it, it's like tardis for metal bits. It always baffles me how they never affect the paint.

STEALTH RAIDER
Thats because most decent stuff is PH neutral but with a high ph value. From my experience of using iron x, it is really good stuff but soon disappears in the bottled form. I am now using the brake duster and is just as effective with a lower price tag ;)

STEALTH RAIDER
I guess it is Richy, Id buy iron x all day long if its pricetag was a little more suitable. Id use upto 250ml on every car that i do. Based on say average of 6 cars per week, thats a few quid!!

Not a 320d
Is the wolfs stuff any good Lew?

Iron X is good. It works well.

AS Fallout remover isnt all that great IMO. Dont want to buy what is basically another version of AS Fallout.

Bumder With A Buffer
I guess it is Richy, Id buy iron x all day long if its pricetag was a little more suitable. Id use upto 250ml on every car that i do. Based on say average of 6 cars per week, thats a few quid!!

I doo need some Iron-x. Or should I say I want to try some. I notice some iron spots on my paint work. the only thing that puts me off is the Pricetag. So is the wolfs stuff similar??

Golf GTD Mk7
So, got back from work tonight and it was waiting for me :D Thanks to Matt at i4detailing. Only ordered it yesterday. Top service. Results speak for themselves really. This is a fantastic product.
DSCF2134.jpg

DSCF2133.jpg

Oh, and wear gloves. It stinks and even after washing doesnt come off.

Golf GTD Mk7
Did the whole car today. Only issue i've found with it is that you need a few applications with some of the specks. I ended up using the whole bottle on the car. I ran out before I could go round and recoat some of them. Looks miles better though and the floor was nice and purple afterwards. I'll be getting some more to finish it off and use on a regular basis.

On a seperate note, I tried it on my Mrs alloys and it made them look new.