ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake disc stuck

Charged Superleggera
tried changing the front disc but it seems to have rusted in. any advise as to how get it off? would heat work?

ITB'd MK1
hit it HARD with a hammer on the front, on the hub bit as that's where it's sticking. 3 or 4 good hits there, then start knocking it off from behind and it should come easy

Charged Superleggera
kl so just hammer it off. only worry is will the disc brake? also anything else i should do that would make it easier eg wd40 etc?

Just hammer it. If its absolutely proper stuck angle grind a 1" slit into it and smack a cold chissel down it. The disc will split all the way across the hub then just lift off.

Cheers
M

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
kl so just hammer it off. only worry is will the disc brake? also anything else i should do that would make it easier eg wd40 etc?

wont break, their strong parts, tap it from behind is easier, then youll notice it coming loose,

Da

Less
Just a thought - you have removed the retaining screws?

As said, hit it from behind, it will come off.

Charged Superleggera
yeh 2 torx screws were removed ofcourse mate. cheers guys shall give it another bash

"Navy" N17 TWO
lol @ the Irish screwdriver! :D

My driver's side one was well-stuck on when changing discs last week.
Mate couldnt get it to budge at all so the club hammer + "stand back" worked a treat!