ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Conversion, mounts etc etc. technical advice

172 Flamer, BMW E46
Right, I have a few questions guys, because im lazy and its cold and I cant be bothered to go out and take a wheel off etc to measure and see..

Basically, I have a PH1 5 Door clio, I have done a Full rear Disc conversion on it.. but I still have the standard front brakes, which are pretty much smaller than the rear discs!! But I also have a complete 172 Front brake setup lying about in my garage.. What I want to know is can I fit the 172 brakes without changing the Hubs? as I don't want to buy new coilovers!! Im pretty sure the bolt spacing on the 172 calliper carriers are different, but Ive read somewhere you can get adapters? is this correct?

Second question, my top mounts are hanging out there a*s, so looking to get solid ones, have been looking at the Pure motorsport kit, that comes with a Strut brace.. so the question is, if I get the kit for a PH1 172, will it fit my clio okay?

Finally last question, im looking at changing my engine mounts, does anyone know if 172 solid engine mounts, and the polybushed lower dogbone mount will fit my clio? its a 1.2 8V D7F btw :)

Any help/advice would be much appreciated, cheers