ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake conpensator valve

172 Cup
having trouble getting hold of one, k-tec dont sell them as far as i can see. anyone know where i can get one from?? thanks in advance

probably looking at a small fortune from Renault :dapprove:

is it the same block and valving as on any other model?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
yep failed mot on rear brakes not working. common fault then i take it??

yep. as henry said - find the vosa document about it.

i'll have a quick browse now if someone doesn't post it before i do!

the bulletin explains that some 172Cups were being failed as the testers were confusing the set-up with the ABS equipped cars - the Cup's got a sprung load-sensing compensator block above the rear axle. then it goes on to mention that some vehicles are just engineered with very little rear brake effort (as in this case). i've not had any bother with my tester, but you could see if that document satisfies them

it's also worth taking the car out for a blast and giving the brakes a hard time before they retest it, as the calipers can become lazy due to the lack of work

ed. typing as Fred commented

there's a picture of it in the bulletin - the solid lines from the front of the car go into it, and the rear flexi hoses come out of it. rear beam

172 Cup
ok

surely there should be some pressure going to them though. the tester said there was nothing with the braided hoses on and then virtually nothing when they changed them back to standard hoses

blokes, sorry - think i've confused the issue with some of mine. it does make sense if you read the bulletin and compare that with what there is on the car (which i've gotten wrong i think; haven't looked for a while)