ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake caliper issue

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
I have just done a routine pad change on my clio DCI. I noticed that one of the nuts on the caliper carrier (o/s) wouldn't retract as they normally should (they slide in and spring out usually) so when refitting the caliper, I had to manually compress said nut in order to get the caliper to bolt on properly.

My issue is that the o/s wheel wont turn very easily by hand with the new pads in plus the brake pedal has very little feel now i.e. only bites at the floor. I think my brakes may need bleeding anyway which I'll do tomorrow, but should I renew the caliper carrier aswell?

Im not entirely sure what the push in/spring out nuts do on the caliper carriers.

Any advice appreciated.

Skoda Fabia vRS
might be worth taking the slide pin out of the carrier and greasing it, and putting it back in

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
This is exactly what I did today. When the pin is forcibly compressed, the brake pedal is only effective near the bottom. It was properly jammed in there, so once I got it out and greased it and reassembled it was much better. Managed to damage the rubbet grommit though. I'll order a new carrier anyway.

Thanks for the tip.