ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Caliper Bolt Stuck

Hi,

I've got a slightly seized/stuck front caliper so need to get the sliding bolt out clean it, lube it up and get it back in there.

The only issue I'm having is the 13mm bolt on the back of the caliper is stuck. I've put a fair bit of force in trying to move it, and have given up as I dont want to snap the bolt.

What's the best way to get the bolt out? I've read that heating the caliper from the other side to the bolt will heat up any air/grease inside and help push the bolt out, but not so sure that's gonna work?

Any other advice?

Cheers.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
The usual WD40 and shock, from there i'd try applying some heat.

if it's the bolt I'm thinking of - you could buy a new slider and bolt and take a grinder to it as it's easy to replace.

Best of luck, I'm currently replacing the aged suspension on my PH1 so I feel your pain !

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Try shocking it a few times,get a punch on the head of the hexagon and give it a few blows while applying some lube, try it every few whacks

I was going the right way, I checked and triple checked.

I'll try giving it a whack next time I try. Failing that I'll get the heat on it.

Cheers for the help folks.