ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake bleeding

RenaultSport clio 18
hello just wondering if any1 no`s how 2 bleed the brakes on a 182??????
and when u bleed the brakes on the front does this affect the back brakes aswell???
thank you

To get the best you should bleed all the calipers its dead easy to do though only takes half an hour or so.

dc03ley 182 said:
when u say all do u mean front and back?
Ype there only 4 calipers just take the bleed nippple cover of and loosen the nipple (8m nut) a bit if you rusing a 1 person kit its easy to do.

GavFre said:
There is an order to do it aswell, dont think it matters too much though..
Yep there is an order it doesn't matter so long as you let th fluid run for about 30 seconds from each clyinder though without bubbles.

RenaultSport clio 18
thanks guys
do u no aprox how much new brake fluid i will need, n do i fill it up through the brake fluid bottle in the engine or is there sumwere else i need to do this.
thanks

dc03ley 182 said:
thanks guys
do u no aprox how much new brake fluid i will need, n do i fill it up through the brake fluid bottle in the engine or is there sumwere else i need to do this.
thanks
I'd buy 2 liters.
Buy a 1 person brake kit though it a better idea only £17 or so from Halfords then fill the bottle up as in the instruction connect a tyre to it and open the bleed nipple with a 8mm spanner connect a tube so you collect the fluid check all the air bubbles have run out and you have a good constitant stream and close the nipple repeat for the other 3 bleed nipples.
The undo the brake stuff.
You might need to fill the tank up more than once it depends hwo bad the brakes are I've just done mine an used about half a bottle but it wasn't bad however I've used over a liter in the past. I'd recomend buying two if you don't use the second return it.

RenaultSport clio 18
going 2 change the hoses aswell, got them in the kit, once you have bleeded them n all the brake fluid is out, then i change the hoses do i need to bleed the air out or sumin???

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
dc03ley 182 said:
going 2 change the hoses aswell, got them in the kit, once you have bleeded them n all the brake fluid is out, then i change the hoses do i need to bleed the air out or sumin???

no mate do the hoses first

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Change your hoses first . Then bleed your brakes , keep topping up the brake fluid reservoir as your bleeding the brakes , keep an eye on the level .

The idea is , as the old fluid is removed you replace it with new fluid .

RenaultSport clio 18
MRBILLYUK said:
Change your hoses first . Then bleed your brakes , keep topping up the brake fluid reservoir as your bleeding the brakes , keep an eye on the level .

The idea is , as the old fluid is removed you replace it with new fluid .

but if u do the hoses first wont the old fluid go everywere????

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
dc03ley 182 said:
but if u do the hoses first wont the old fluid go everywere????

You'll be surprised how little fluid comes out , old hose off new hose on , the fluid will leak out but not pour out . Like GavFre says cling film over the brake fluid res helps minimise fluid loss .

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Taking the hoses off is a ball ache if you in anyway round the nut, so make sure you have good fitting spanners, dont bodge the job up,, also when you loosen the bleed nipple give it a wire brush and soak in wd40 for an hour,,,, sheer the nipple and its a new caliper !!

i sheared both rear nipples on my 106gti - trip to the scrap yard, being fair they were about a million years old but both french cars so watch out !!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ A dab of copper grease on the bleed nipple will help remove it in the future .I know what ya mean , they do snap very easily if they've been overtightened in the past .

If they do snap , drill em and use a stud extractor . Stud extractor don't cost much .