ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Braided Lines and Brake Pads

205Gti,HondaCBR600RR
In my never ending quest for brake knowledge I have moved on to braided hoses! Few questions:
1. Can I run these with standard Reno discs/pads til I fit new ones? I want to do the pads and discs myself but don't fancy the hoses. It wouldn't be any longer than a week.
2. Ive been looking at Ktec and Yozzasport and I see that they both have their own braided hoses and that Yozzasport also have Goodridge hoses. Which are best?
3. What fluid should I use? Ive been reading through all the past posts and there seems to be a debate as to whether 4.0 or 5.1 fluid is best, also any particular make?

Ive picked out the Brembo Max discs and Pagid Blue pads. Unless anyone has other suggestions?
With regards to the pagid blues, what are they like from cold? Do they squeal at all?
The last question is how often would I be looking at replacing the discs/ pads? I read somewhere that with pagid blues the discs need replacing more often than the pads, is that right?

Sorry for the essay but Im on a fact finding misson!

Han.

Ph2 172 Track Toy
My pagid blues are amazing.

Very good cold and very consistent on all driving.

They will get a proper test in 5 weeks at the 'Ring.

Oh and shop around, I paid £95 for the discs and £140 for the pads.

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
Braided hoses are to stop the flexing in the standard rubber hoses especially when they age. Will find that the pedal should firm up and improve the feel.
Not sure of the different type just make sure they are all stainless ie. hoses and fittings. The use of hoses makes no difference to discs \ pad combinations.

Hoses will always improve any setup. Used them plenty of times in cars and on bikes. On a bike they can cause over braking.

The different fluids offer higher boiling points thus reducing brake fade. Are you doing track days ? Trouble with the higher spec fluid is it needs changing more frequently as it absorbs water more readily and is more expensive. The stuff we put in the gt car is £35 a litre !!!!!

205Gti,HondaCBR600RR
Its for fast road use mostly. Hoping to get some track days in though! So what fluid would you recommend?

205Gti,HondaCBR600RR
My pagid blues are amazing.

Very good cold and very consistent on all driving.

They will get a proper test in 5 weeks at the 'Ring.

Oh and shop around, I paid £95 for the discs and £140 for the pads.

Was that Brembo Max discs or Brembo HC discs?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Brembo HC are good enough. My Blues lasted me almost 30k miles, and I think I was on the same set of discs all the way through. Slightly less friction from cold, but nowhere near as bad as some.

Lines can be done regardless of pad/disc/fluid, and should give you an immediate improvement in pedal 'feel'.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
with regard to the lines, there all the same, moquip, goodridge etc.

you can have coloured ends with the goodridge iirc LOL

and yes you can run them with the stock disks, no point really though, as you will have to re bleed when you fit the pagids!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
as above too, IMO the max are not worth the extra cash, the basically the same disk as a HC (but look better)

the pagids rs42s are a great pad too!

205Gti,HondaCBR600RR
Ive got the max discs for £89 delivered. I didn't think that was to bad.
Im going to do the lot together now as I have read up on bleeding and it looks easy enough. Famous last words no doubt!
That ATE fluid isn't cheap! How much would I need?
Found some on fleabay £21.99 for 2 litres.

Last edited:
  205Gti,HondaCBR600RR
Just wanted to say thanks for everyones help. Ive ended up with pagid blue pads, brembo max discs, goodridge braided hoses and ATE super blue fluid. Just got to wait for it to arrive now!