ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

braided hoses, more info please

CLIO Iceberg 172
i have had a search around and have read through the braided hose fitting guide lots of times, so im pritty sure how it would go about installing the hoses them selfs,
but!
i have a few questions that i cant find the answers to...
1) when changing the lines do i have to drain the system?
2) If not how do i clamp it off to stop it pissing out when im installing the lines?
Im also going to do a complete fluid change as the stuff iv got is fooked and years old and needs to be changed...
3) how do i do a complete change?
4) when changing the rear lines is it wise to have something clamped?

i hope you guys can shed some light on this

cheers
Dave

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
No need to drain the system, when you replace the fluid with new, you can flush all the old stuff out. This way there is less chance of getting air in the system and bleeding will be more straight forward. Just swap all the lines first, as quickly as possible to minimise fluid loss and air intake, then do a fluid change. Rear lines are the messiest to swap.
I used a Gunsons Ezibleed from Halfords to change the fluid. Easy one man operation and Castrol Super Dot 4 fluid.

CLIO Iceberg 172
so even tho im doing a full change is it best to bleed each brake after each hose has been changed to minimize air getting in

so even tho im doing a full change is it best to bleed each brake after each hose has been changed to minimize air getting in

When I did mine. I connected the end of the hose nearest the master cylinder first. Let the fluid make its way through that, then connect it to the calliper/metal brake pipe. I then opened the bleed nipple on that corner and let gravity pull the fluid through until there were no bubbles.

Once I'd done all four I bled through properly i.e. using the pedal.

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150

Bleed the brakes after you have changed all the hoses. I made the mistake of letting all the fluid drain with all the original hoses off....and got too much air in the system and maybe the ABS too, was a nightmare too sort but I learned from my mistake:quiet: