ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Braided brake Lines

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Hi, I'm a bit of a tight ar$e and always after a bit of bargain 🙈. An eBay seller has HEL braided lines for a fraction under £50, and the part number is Ren-4-112. I searched HEL's website and they are listed for a 2000/01 172. Now they also have Ren-4-113 for 2004- 182s, but no specific listing for my 2003 172.

I believe I need the 182 lines, but a generic internet search has suggested the Ren-4-112 as suitable for 2000-2005 172s 🙈.

Help 😂! Can anyone shed any light? Are Ph1,Ph2 172s/182 lines all the same?

Thanks!

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Yes all the same mate

I supply the Goodridge braided lines , great quality

I can also get custom lines from Goodridge , so if anybody wants to put the Brembo 4pots calipers on a 172/182 etc I can supply the lines to suit in any colours are they do with stainless fittings

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I had Hell lines on my PH1 but now have the Goodrich lines on my impreza.

The quality of the Goodrich lines is much better, the fixings are all stainless steel where as the hell lines use plastic support fixings on the impreza line's.

I will only use Goodrich from now on. [emoji106]

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Thanks for the replies. It's interesting that HEL have a different part for the Ph1 172 and Ph2 172 and 182. They might get more sales they were a bit clearer about their products :smile:.

I'm hoping I'll get these pukka used lines from @cs_dave, but if for some reason it doesn't work out I know where to turn :wink:.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yes all the same mate

I supply the Goodridge braided lines , great quality

I can also get custom lines from Goodridge , so if anybody wants to put the Brembo 4pots calipers on a 172/182 etc I can supply the lines to suit in any colours are they do with stainless fittings

I need to replace the rear axle lines on my ph1 George. Since its a keeper I only want to do it once, are custom lines that sort of length stupidly expensive? It's a keeper on a budget sort of build!