ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boutique Luxury Waxes

R14 CUP
Hello,

I've been doing a bit of research into these, and im looking into purchasing one of the following waxes.

Definitive Wax Ostendo Glaze
Definitive Wax Show Edition
Mitchell & King Pioneer
Mitchell & King Show Wax
BMD Sirius

Question is, do any of you have any experience of these waxes?

I'm swaying towards the Ostendo Glaze over any of the others, everything i've read about it, it just looks and feels every part the wax that i want it to be.

Cheers,
Jamie

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't get the BMD, when I tried it previously it was extremely gritty and wasn't really pleasant to use. I've never used a definitive wax and I've only used rannoch from M&K.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What makes you think Definitive are boutique?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Rannoch was really nice to use indeed. To be honest if I was going boutique I'd be looking at M&K, swissvax or zymol

R14 CUP
Everything I've seen makes them looks the part of a boutique wax, looks special to unwrap, hold and use.

M&K waxes do really look the part - and the prices reflect that. I'd be going at the lower end of the budget of a boutique wax, as I certainly can't afford a £300/£400 wax!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Is it for the 172 Jamie?

The Definitive waxes are nice, granted they were mostly samples tested. Durus was a solid wax.

The pots are lovely. Sadly they just liquidated an old wax company and started back up. That imo loses it's appeal quickly.

Swissvax has back, heritage, a true boutique feel. Granted BOS feels more special than shield but it's more expensive.

I just couldn't look past Shield at those price margins.

M&K I try not to speak of too much. I'll keep those thoughts to myself.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just born out of price. Doesn't make it boutique.

R14 CUP
Is it for the 172 Jamie?

The Definitive waxes are nice, granted they were mostly samples tested. Durus was a solid wax.

The pots are lovely. Sadly they just liquidated an old wax company and started back up. That imo loses it's appeal quickly.

Swissvax has back, heritage, a true boutique feel. Granted BOS feels more special than shield but it's more expensive.

I just couldn't look past Shield at those price margins.

M&K I try not to speak of too much. I'll keep those thoughts to myself.

Yeah, it's for the 172.

These kind of answers were exactly what I was after, thanks.

Is BOS worth every penny of the £195 retail price? Or is going to be worthwhile me getting the 50ml sample from there website??

Do swissvax require there own cleansers, or will others work as well?

Thanks again for the response. I like the likes of M&K & BMD are certainly off my list now.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Yeah, it's for the 172.

These kind of answers were exactly what I was after, thanks.

Is BOS worth every penny of the £195 retail price? Or is going to be worthwhile me getting the 50ml sample from there website??

Do swissvax require there own cleansers, or will others work as well?

Thanks again for the response. I like the likes of M&K & BMD are certainly off my list now.

BOS is well overpriced especially as shield is much more durable with very similar looks. As your like me J and enjoy waxing I would go for a 50ml pot of Sv website. It states that they like their products to be used with their products but dont let that fool you. Any pre wax cleanser like Rejuvenate or DDJ lime prime will do the same job

R14 CUP
BOS is well overpriced especially as shield is much more durable with very similar looks. As your like me J and enjoy waxing I would go for a 50ml pot of Sv website. It states that they like their products to be used with their products but dont let that fool you. Any pre wax cleanser like Rejuvenate or DDJ lime prime will do the same job

Thought that would be the case - rejuvenate will be fine.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Never tried m&k

Bmd were ok but nothing special, durability on a daily was average at best, they just didnt resist bonded contaminants very well. Can't remember the price of a full pot but wasn't tempted at all to buy a full pot of any.

DW were quite nice to use and remove, always performed pretty well and did what they were described to do. All felt boutique like Glasur and shield feel gives, but all DW waxes are pretty expensive all at a similar price and can be a bit hard at times to see the differences.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's certainly an interesting topic mate.

If you're paintwork has been corrected even 90% and you're buying a new expensive pot of shield for eg then i'd buy an SV cleanser or at least Werkstat prime or similar. A pure cleanser.

I'd look for a used pot of Shield to get the full effect. It says a lot that imo even Lusso Oro has a more boutique feel than a lot of these new waxes! Love a bit of Oro for the summer!

R14 CUP
How much of a difference will i see between these 'boutique' waxes, both in feel, looks and durability, between something like Carbon / Supernatural v1, which are the two best waxes ive used on a regular basis.

I fear i might end up dissappointed tbh, i feel my car looks extremely wet once i've detailed it and finished it with Carbon / Z8.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That's because it's a stunning combo. Although Z8 contains solvents which can affect the wax. Hence using it with Z2. Sometimes best with a carnauba top it.

R14 CUP
Well that was most unexpected, i just got a phonecall from Definitive wax's director Jason, and he ran through all the positives on both the Show Edition & Ostendo Glaze.

Show Edition is purely a show wax, it aimed purely at looks, its a very wet looking wax, so i'd say its probably a very similiar product to Illusion.

Ostendo Glaze is there original show wax, has the looks similiar to SE albeit Deeper & Glossier, rather than the wet look. The Durability is longer, 10-12 weeks, compared to 6-8 weeks of SE.

After that phone call alone, i'm swaying towards the Ostendo Glaze.

If i order this weekend too, they'll ship me out a free full size bottle of shampoo, QD & a microfibre towel + free postage. I'm not gonna grumble at that.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Solid. Didn't feel as boutique as glasur etc and shield which we were using all in the same day, Infact Carbon felt cooler to use.

RG55 is a properly solid wax, Mark isn't the easiest businessman to get along with, rather abrasive but the products do work. Is it still £60?

It's way more r=durable than Carbon but not sure I could buy a pot of RG55 over Carbon.

R14 CUP
Well you can't knock their sales! ;)

I'd have said that good customer service only adds to the boutique'ness of the product.

It's the same as going to buy jeans, i could go buy Next jeans, but i only buy Levi jeans because i like the way i get treated in the shop.

It's that personal touch, that only enhances the complete experience.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'd have said that good customer service only adds to the boutique'ness of the product.

It's the same as going to buy jeans, i could go buy Next jeans, but i only buy Levi jeans because i like the way i get treated in the shop.

It's that personal touch, that only enhances the complete experience.

i get this 110% over the phone... But in shops I really hate it, I don't want to make friends in shops, I just want to shop lol.

R14 CUP
It's certainly an interesting topic mate.

If you're paintwork has been corrected even 90% and you're buying a new expensive pot of shield for eg then i'd buy an SV cleanser or at least Werkstat prime or similar. A pure cleanser.

I'd look for a used pot of Shield to get the full effect. It says a lot that imo even Lusso Oro has a more boutique feel than a lot of these new waxes! Love a bit of Oro for the summer!

I have just bought a used pot of Oro to try off the back of this thread. I'm gonna give it a try, but i thought i would give you a heads up that I'll possibly end up selling it. You want first refusal on it?