ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bought some Second hand Alloys

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Hey

I had been looking for some 15" Alloys for a while. My budget was around £100 and i actually managed to find a set from a chap who lives in my town.

Pic:
_57_zps2ced4ff4.jpg

They don't look the best due to some curbing, And need some surface repair and painting which i plan to do myself.

What colour would people paint these? I was thinking White or possibly a Dark colour like a Dark grey.

Also whats worrying if the Breaks caliper has like 2MM between it and the Balance weights inside when fitted! lol

I also managed to bag some 195/55/15 continentals with 5mm tread for £50 posted. so all in £100 was spent so far

What happened to the OE 172 wheels?

I'd not put those on, they're dreadful. Or are they for track use or something?

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
The car came with 182 wheels. I don't like them.
plus I want to go to 15" anyway.

I was thinking these may look half decent when repaired and painted. And for this price it's a bargain!

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
I would paint them green. That way the bin men wont see them in the wheelie bin which is were they belong.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I'd have honestly just gone with some steels sans hubcaps. They look dreadful, surely you could have picked up some less garish looking wheels for £100 ?

Edit: The above is not constructive, if you're going to keep them, paint them in a satin colour, I don't think the shine does them any favours.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Somebody was looking to sell 172 alloys a few days ago. Should've bought them. Those are terrible.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Look chaps. They cost me £50.

I wanted 15" Wheels, The 182 Wheels are 16"...

Cant afford a decent set of alloys and tyres atm, i would need to spend £200+ which i just don't have.

I'm going to paint them a Matte Dark Grey.

I will also be removing the lines on the spokes with the filler i am using to fix the curb rash.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Why do you want 15" wheels though?
Even a set of crappy dynamique wheels would be a step up on these.

To Stick some 195/55/15 tyres on
Couldnt find any Cheapo Clio wheels for sale within budget :p I plan to make these look half decent.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
those were poo when they came out and theyre poo now but each to their own.are they the right fitment because 2mm is not alot of space!

I test fitted them on the front and they fit.
I am presuming the back brakes will be the same size.

They do look poo how they are currently. But i plan on altering the look somewhat.

Clio 172
These remind me of my old Dezent alloys. I ran them on my old MK1 Oasis in 2005/6.

chav.jpg
dezent.jpg

Ignore this lot, just get them cleaned up and stick them on, its not their car or their budget. £100 for new tyres and wheels is never going to get you show quality, but if it keeps you motoring, you cant moan!

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Could you not have offered to swap your 182's with someone for dynamique alloys?

When your rubbing them down try and get rid of the R!

possibly.

My aim is to remove those lines down the middle of each spoke and if I can I will attempt to remove the R.

Then I think they would look good :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Look chaps. They cost me £50.

I wanted 15" Wheels, The 182 Wheels are 16"...

Cant afford a decent set of alloys and tyres atm, i would need to spend £200+ which i just don't have.

I'm going to paint them a Matte Dark Grey.

I will also be removing the lines on the spokes with the filler i am using to fix the curb rash.

You say you can't afford £200 for a set of alloys....
So you've spent £100 so far. (£50 wheels, ££50 tyres?)

Plus the cost of filler (I advise not to use filler but that's a different thread!) sand paper, wet and dry, primer, colour, laquer and whatever polishing products you use. As you've used filler, you'll need to get the wheels balanced again at a fiver a wheel also.

Plus your time. 10 hours? How much could you earn if you did 10 hours overtime next month instead?

You'll be well over £200.

Just saying.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol at "just saying"!

The man speaketh the truth though.

Oh dem wheels!

Impreza RB5 #054
They are possibly the worst wheels I have ever seen and I grew up in the 90's, when TSW Venoms were the "In" wheels.

I would have gone dynamique wheels.

My dci 100 has 185/15/55 and its massivley soft.

Those wheels should be given away, as said i would swap the 182 wheels, 18yr olds wet dream come true for a straight swap.

What condition are the 182 wheels like and whats the tyres like? ( matching tyres per axle at least?)

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
You say you can't afford £200 for a set of alloys....
So you've spent £100 so far. (£50 wheels, ££50 tyres?)

Plus the cost of filler (I advise not to use filler but that's a different thread!) sand paper, wet and dry, primer, colour, laquer and whatever polishing products you use. As you've used filler, you'll need to get the wheels balanced again at a fiver a wheel also.

Plus your time. 10 hours? How much could you earn if you did 10 hours overtime next month instead?

You'll be well over £200.

Just saying.

Filler was cheap.
Paper I already have
primer I already have
paint will be a tenner

the time required.. well I work at a school and after tomorrow I have 6 weeks off :) can't do overtime.

and regards to balancing, I have a mate who will do me a decent deal ;)

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Made a wanted thread now

I would have gone dynamique wheels.

My dci 100 has 185/15/55 and its massivley soft.

Those wheels should be given away, as said i would swap the 182 wheels, 18yr olds wet dream come true for a straight swap.

What condition are the 182 wheels like and whats the tyres like? ( matching tyres per axle at least?)

All decent. Minor marks.
tyres are all same with lots of tread left.

Last edited: