ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bought a 172 Cup

Evo 8 MR
After much trial and error I finally spotted one which was local to me just 12 miles away and looked a minter so I went to view it today heres the specs:

Blue
52 plate
40,000 miles
Taxed till end of May
11 months MOT
Cambelt done last year
Serviced late last year
New clutch
4 new tyres
MINT bodywork
Interior all mint, temp gauge works lol

Very impressed with it only things I knocked him down on was the lack of a splitter, very slight dent in the tailgate and a couple of little bits of bubbling a couple of the wheels.

Pickin it up on Saturday morning, can't wait!

Evo 8 MR
Thanks Jon I love it already I'll get some pics on Saturday hopefully the weather will play nice.

We'll have to have a mini cup meet soon!

Ooh I love how quick it is but what surprised me the most was the handling, it felt better than my clio. I guess the cup suspension really is good, it's completely standard too.

Evo 8 MR
Thanks guys, I'm really not gonna get much sleep this week at all, I'm like a kid at xmas now.

Thanks Jon I love it already I'll get some pics on Saturday hopefully the weather will play nice.

We'll have to have a mini cup meet soon!

Ooh I love how quick it is but what surprised me the most was the handling, it felt better than my clio. I guess the cup suspension really is good, it's completely standard too.

Sounds like a plan, although mine's wearing a couple of battle scars at the moment due to some scummer keying it.

Felt the famous 5k now then eh? haha! Yeah the handling is good but that back end can break loose unexpectedly when driving spiritedly though lol.

audi a6 3.0tdi
If you are going to have a little meet i'll drag the ph1 out for it :) Glad you found one eventually.

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Really good price that, got £3750 for my cup trade in (same miles) ... seen it up for sale for £4995 lol

MCS R56
Enjoy! Sounded like my old one for a minute, with a bust splitter but it was a 53 plate. Great cars!

172 cup , 197 cup
Image0206.jpg

COOL CARS !!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Steal imo, thats a 4k all day imo! Also wonder why its had a clutch with such low milage?

Anyway glad your sorted mate :)

Evo 8 MR
Welcome to the club...

New clutch on 40k? Crikey

I thought that too but it sounds well and pulls well, oil is fresh, nothing around the filler cap, no blue smoke, you can only check so much can't you.

Steal imo, thats a 4k all day imo! Also wonder why its had a clutch with such low milage?

Anyway glad your sorted mate :)

Thanks Gaz. ;)

Evo 8 MR
Picked it up tonight! I f**kin love it!

Seems weird max torque being at 5,250rpm though, it just wants to go even when your in 3rd doing 30. I love everything about it and the waiting to get one has really paid off.

However, I think theres a slightly dodgy noise coming from the engine bay namely the cambelt area, me and my dad think it could be water pump. I'll have to have a proper look through the receipts to see exactly what's been done and what hasn't.

MCS R56
Picked it up tonight! I f**kin love it!

Seems weird max torque being at 5,250rpm though, it just wants to go even when your in 3rd doing 30. I love everything about it and the waiting to get one has really paid off.

However, I think theres a slightly dodgy noise coming from the engine bay namely the cambelt area, me and my dad think it could be water pump. I'll have to have a proper look through the receipts to see exactly what's been done and what hasn't.

Great cars, you'll love it! Regarding your 3rd gear at 30mph comment...while it's no slouch at these engine speeds, you'll realise that in fact it's pretty gutless below 4-5k revs. Due to relative lack of torque, you need to keep them on the boil to get the best from them.

Evo 8 MR
Great cars, you'll love it! Regarding your 3rd gear at 30mph comment...while it's no slouch at these engine speeds, you'll realise that in fact it's pretty gutless below 4-5k revs. Due to relative lack of torque, you need to keep them on the boil to get the best from them.

Yeah I know Gaz but going from a 1.4 16v to a 2 litre monster it just feels way faster no matter what revs it's on.

MCS R56
Yeah I know Gaz but going from a 1.4 16v to a 2 litre monster it just feels way faster no matter what revs it's on.

...and it is faster! Felt similar when I moved from my Saxo VTR too but as you get used to it, the bottom end of the rev range becomes a bit tiresome. It could do with a touch more torque. Power to weight is the trump card on these.