ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Both Gutted

Take one well loved Renaultsport 182.

34100644885c225ed83193a14ff4258a1630559fba501d95e08ee6c0cd4de05eeb9f1119.jpg

Add a bus and this is what you get :mad:

94721387be5352ad026aa5473702dd8e2768d870e9033348e521a1a1c099071ac5f07c6c.jpg

Both not too happy at the moment :(

This is my wifes car. She's always wanted one and we managed to get her one 6 months ago. We spent a few quick since she's had it. Cambelt/Aux belt change, new rear discs\pads, tires, washer jets, engine mounts etc.

Bux

Golf GTD
Ouch, looks really nasty.
I looked at the picture quickly and it looked like the body was just on backwards.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Oh no! Sorry to see that.

1st pic was really nice too. Shame, damn bus drivers!

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
gutted for you both, is it going to be written off or is it fixable especially after spending all that money on it

mmm. rear quarter bangs always look alot worse than what they are.

i imagine it will be a 'fairly' easy fix.

Thanks for the comments. Not putting detials of what happened just yet untill it all sorted. Sure you all understand.

The rear isn't the only damaged. Got pushed into the car/van in front. All 4 wheels arn't pointing the right way so its got a fair amount of damage underneath.

She wants a 197 cup now with the optional seats lol

Well its an insurance write off. Which is best as I dont like the idea of somethign like that being repaired. The thought of it not being perfect.

Not too pleased with the settlement figure but nothing we can do. Looks like it'll be a long wait trying to find a replacment one :(

A 197 would be nice but not going to happen.

renaultsport 182
Well its an insurance write off. Which is best as I dont like the idea of somethign like that being repaired. The thought of it not being perfect.

Not too pleased with the settlement figure but nothing we can do. Looks like it'll be a long wait trying to find a replacment one :(

A 197 would be nice but not going to happen.

never accept the first settlement figure they offer... look at the book price of your vehicle and aim for a little higher

never accept the first settlement figure they offer... look at the book price of your vehicle and aim for a little higher

don't get me started. I ve had a few heated discussions with the insurance as I didn't like their first and final offer :( what did it for me was the garage who the insurance took the car too told me he thought it was worth x which turn out to be more than the insurance offered. Then I could only find 1 for the money they offered within a 60 miles radius of where we live. Still wouldn't budge. Wasnt too happy.

So you didn't go for a wheel alignment? Only I think the rears look slightly out from your pictures!

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Did you get a decent payout? Shame about the write off though, lovely looking motor.

Ad

MK2 FRS
You can cash the cheque without accepting the valuation. Assemble a case file and submit it to the FOS... worth a shot!

who is the insurer?

Better than yours. C*nt.
Is the reason I opted for £20k GAP cover on the Lotus, as I'm being insured with Admiral and they have a habit of giving s**t valuations. All it means is £500 out my pocket, but the GAP cover company (who are Lotus's approved bods) will argue the toss about a s**t valuation for me as it's in their interests to pay out as little as possible, which means the Insurance company paying a decent crack.