ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bosch Super 4s

Megane RS250
Apparently these are the new be all and end all of plugs..

They fit older cars, which include the 182.. anyone have any views? tried them?

Megane RS250
Haha fair enough, im about to swap out my sparky's so i was just seeing what peoples views are..

S4 Avant
Apparently they're the ones to go for on the Audi, I've seen mine has Bosch in at the minute, but I'm firmly in the "not broke don't fix it" mind set.

Denso Iridium Power are the ultimate in my opinion, i use these in mine, sorted my low rpm miss fire and runs like a dream since with a smoother idle plus they last alot longer. I took a 4 year old set out mine the other months (mine gets driven very hard 24/7) , looked still like new after maybe 40k-50k of miles, but i swopped them anyway. I used opie oils to get mine recently, very good service.

I did use boosh plugs once in my 172, but as stated i dont rate them and they were highly screwed when i took them out.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Denso Iridium Power are the ultimate in my opinion, i use these in mine, sorted my low rpm miss fire and runs like a dream since with a smoother idle plus they last alot longer. I took a 4 year old set out mine the other months (mine gets driven very hard 24/7) , looked still like new after maybe 40k-50k of miles, but i swopped them anyway. I used opie oils to get mine recently, very good service.

I did use boosh plugs once in my 172, but as stated i dont rate them and they were highly screwed when i took them out.

I've seen loads of issues with denso plugs over the years, always fixed with a set of NGKs (and thats loads of different cars and engines). No better than super4s IMO

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The problem with the super 4 is they look a good idea in theory (ie 4 electrodes so it should last 4 times as long between changes as it should swap to a new one each time one wears) but they simply arent the same quality as the original items, so you have 4 gash electrodes instead of 1 good quality platinum (on in denso's case iridium) one.

The problem with the super 4 is they look a good idea in theory (ie 4 electrodes so it should last 4 times as long between changes as it should swap to a new one each time one wears) but they simply arent the same quality as the original items, so you have 4 gash electrodes instead of 1 good quality platinum (on in denso's case iridium) one.

Whats your thoughts on the denso's iridium's chip? do you rate them

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Whats your thoughts on the denso's iridium's chip? do you rate them

Must confess I have never tried them in the 172, have found them very useful on high boost or big nitrous hit configuration on other engines though, so I would expect they are probably ok, but given how good the standard plugs are, I havent felt the need to experiment.