ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bored Now..

ZX6R B1H
Everyday somebody pops up on my msn or whatever fourm i use slateing the fact i went and bought another french car. I came over from the vauxhall side but its getting really really boring now.

I even get it from a few lads at work but they get told straight to GTF :approve:

Anybody else have the same sort of issues from gobshites with from other brand snobbery.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Everyday somebody pops up on my msn or whatever fourm i use slateing the fact i went and bought another french car. I came over from the vauxhall side but its getting really really boring now.

I even get it from a few lads at work but they get told straight to GTF :approve:

Anybody else have the same sort of issues from gobs**tes with from other brand snobbery.

Its for this very reason that for the past year i have sported a pair of £7 Le Coq Sportif shoes from T K Maxx

Brand snobbery FTL.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I currently one of these.....

800px-Honda_Civic_Shuttle_002.jpg

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Nah not really in fairness i think it actually gets respect when they realise what it is.

Well thats what the prick in the red GTi must have thought after i destroyed it

M

mini-valver

People that say "shitreon" etc REALLY piss me off. Michael172 on here has a 1.2 Clio but slates any other car like he has a valid opinion having never driven anything other than his and his old mans car. Makes me want to punch him in the mouth.

ZX6R B1H
I think if your into cars, your into cars.... not just one brand. But alot of people seem to think anything else is poo in comparison. Being into the nova scene for a good while me and wiggle have actually got two Hardcore nova lovers to seriosuly think about buying a 172 lol and both admitted they would buy one :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I used to work with a guy who LOVED vauxhalls. Like he wanted to marry them or something.

I could've turned up in a Rolls Royce but he'd still insist his Cavalier Sri (this was years ago mind! lol) was built better, handled better and drove better.

In fact, I think he owns a Vectra Gsi now, the new s**t handling ones??! lol!

Swift Sport
People who **** French cars off usually drive heaps of s**t themselves!

I drive a 197 and constantly get abuse from mates with £1500 worth of mk2 Golfs!! :0

RB 182 cup
i went from a corsa turbo to my clio and to be honest ive never look back, despite the fact the clio is way slower its just a much better car

54 plate, Arctic Blue 182
people that dont understand what the cars are, are like o french tat, girls car blah blah, then i take them out and there like its better then my car hahaha :rasp:

one work mate was ike good lad spot on car, the other went to the first going "o rob got a clio.... what a t**t" first guy was like you have no idea do you :p

i love it and dont care what others say its mine :D

ZX6R B1H
i went from a corsa turbo to my clio and to be honest ive never look back, despite the fact the clio is way slower its just a much better car

C20let corsa or a new corsa vxr?

I've started to ask them to name some of the best handeling cars and usually they come back with the fact that a lot of them are french pmsl.

M

mini-valver

Oh mini valver, your building a silly powered Xe'd nova or xe'd something arnt you?

I'd never XE a Nova :rasp:

I have a shell in storage, new arches, new wings and mk2 front end, full repsray in glacier white and a massive collection of smalblock 8v bits, I've just ran out of motivation and money! Shell is for sale if you want it, needs a sill. Has buckets and fully stripped, PM me, lol.

M

mini-valver

E plate merit, 50k, lol. Have some sport DCOE's, Irmscher airbox and a 4000 mile 1300 SR bottom end though..... Make a Sport ;)

ZX6R B1H
Not too bad then, stop it dont tempt me... No.... im happy with the clio... I dont need anymore projects LMFBO.

I hate you now! got me wanting a bloody nova to play with grrrr.

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
I get abuse all the time too, cos I stick with Renaults through thick and thin. I love Renaults, have done since I was a nipper and always will. That said, Im a car nut through and through and have driven a lot of other cars, mainly mates cars and rentals etc. In Ireland Jap cars are big news these days with the majority being Honda Civics, and these guys just think that vtec is the greatest thing ever and then become complete tw*ts because of it. The first meet I pulled upto in my red Clio had most of them coming over and asking me was it the 2 litre Clio, and when I said no, they actually turned back and said sh!te like "oh well, looks like you will be back in the dealers tomorrow with a broken car then" or "those things cant handle for p*ss". My solution? I invited 3 of them to a spin as passengers to show them the handling. Granted I had my Eibachs in at this stage but still, the point was made!!

People have preconceptions about cars and wont change their minds until they actually drive or experience a car first hand. One chap flamed me on a forum when I posted pics of my last Clio saying it was a bag of rust and sh!te and that the car would be in the wall at the first sign of a corner cos they had terrible handling. I asked had he ever driven a Clio or worked on one and he said no, I would never touch them cos Ive heard horrible stories about them. I told him to f**k off because until he had driven one or worked on one his opinion was about as useful as a pothole :approve:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've owned french cars for over 4 years now, there s**t TBH.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
They're not the best though are they, reliability wise there crap tbh thats why i carn't belive it when people praise them to the hills. I really enjoy my car but i'd never say it was the best thing since sliced bread but the main factor in french cars are the price - you get what you pay for. Like the guy said earlier handling wise they make some of the best (AND FUN) cars!

Clio 197
I don’t get it so much now but people used to question why I am on my 3rd Clio, and tbh I have never had any problems with any of them. Had an L reg RL and that kept going for ages until a bad repair on wing rusted and had to have welding done.

Buy ye some people just don’t understand.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I get it all the time, my reply is normally something along the lines of my french cars both kept running, my jap crap is dead :D