ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot started catching on curved bit of parcel shelf?!?.....

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Hi People,

Really random, went to close the boot today slowly while i was cleaning it and it wouldn't close as the curved part was catching on the centre of the parcel shelf. Never noticed it before, don't think i did anything to induce it, all i did was wipe the hydraulic bars a bit while cleaning?! Can't see for one moment how that would cause it?...

I thought i fixed it when i put a little knot in the string just below the plastic catch that fits to the car, i.e. making the shelf stay higher. The parcel shelf no longer gets in the way, but now when the boot is closed, thestrings are pulled fairly tight, and its causing a rattle when i'm on bumpy road as the parcel shelf bounces up and down.

Just seems really random as have never noticed this problem before?!
Anybody had it?
Could you fix it?
Any suggestions appreciated!
Thanks!

clio mk2 ph1 1.6 rxe
Anybody notice this too??.... Very strange!....

i made a custom mdf stealth shelf i do sometimes have this problems closing the boot.

but it sometimes seems to be the rubber round the boottom of the boot what cuases this for my boot not to close correctly. just make sure it's on properly

Abarth 500 Essesse
Thought it was just one of them "features" of the Clios, mine catches on the rubber stoppers of the shelf then rattles on rough roads

M

mini-valver

Is the shelf clipped in properly? It has a notch then it pushes all the way in. If its not, it'll catch the boot.

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Is the shelf clipped in properly? It has a notch then it pushes all the way in. If its not, it'll catch the boot.

Yeah, thats what i thought it was at first, then realised it was clipped all the way in.
What is more strange is that i have never noticed it before, and then all of a sudden the parcel shelf is getting in the way.

Not totally sure where the most annoying rattle in the world is coming from, but i rearranged some stuff in the boot at the same time (e.g. wedged the wheel nuts to the side of the jack on the right hand side of boot) so fingers crossed the rattle is those, or something else.... instead of the parcel shelf itself.

The knots fix the problem of shelf in the way of boot, but now the strings are pulled tight all the time, i.e. even when the boot is closed, so my hunch is that this is why the rattle is happening, as there is no give when the car bobs up and down. If this is the case, not sure whats worse - having a continuous rattle, or removing knots and eventually ruining the parcel shelf?!....:S

Sound like a moaning git i know, but little things like this really p*ss me off!!...:mad:

(Think my next car will be the £240k Bentley that was on Top Gear tonight.... that shouldn't have any rattles!.....)

M

mini-valver

Take it out, push the seats forward, and put it back in again, then see if it's still in the way. Has the black plastic on the boot lid come unclipped?

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Take it out, push the seats forward, and put it back in again, then see if it's still in the way. Has the black plastic on the boot lid come unclipped?

Neither of the plastic clips have come unclipped.
As far as i can see, the strings are fitted ok, i.e. nothing loose underneath either.
Am going to investigate tomorrow and see if I can make more sense of it! ;)....

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
my 1.2 parcel shelf rattles too. Ive given up trying to fix it and now i just turn the volume up on a rough road.

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Took it out today and I still can not figure out exactly what is rattling.... If i knew what was causing it, and then found i couldn't fix it, then i would just accept it lol! But the fact i can't figure out whats causing it is making me hulk-like!
Sounds like the driver side back seat isnt in properly, its that kind of rattle. Also, i noticed that the rubber stopper on the driver side of the parcel shelf is rubbing against the boot and is very close to it, unlike the other side.... maybe this has something to do with it?!...

Investigations are ongoing!...