ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot problem anyone on 197.

Clio RS 200
Hi all over the last week my boot on my 197 keeps opening by itself whilst driving, being lucky its only been in traffic. Today opening 4 times in a 1 hour trip , anyone else have this prob before.:S

Megane dci 130
Probably water in the switch thats shorting it out.

Take it to reanult if its till under warrenty.

Clio III - S 1.5dci
How do you check it, does the rubber cover come off from over the switch? also can you access the wires from under the plastic covers?

Megane dci 130
You have to get a small screwdriver to prise the whole switch out. When out, dissconncet it and then you have to take it apart. When apart it will be all wet inside and shorting out. Either dry it and try it or replace it.

Hope this helps.

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Thanks, much appreciated, the car is still under warranty, but i am assuming this will be covered under warranty? if not i'll dry it out :)

Thanks

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Got it all sorted under warranty - although when i dropped the car off the woman queried why i wanted a full diagnostic test done for £83 ish - I said, i never asked for that and she crossed it off. Sneeky gits LoL

Is there a list anywhere that shows what faults are covered and what faults are not? For example i have an annoying rattle in the passenger side door, it only rattles with the windows up, put drivers side window down slighty and it stops, so a vacume type thing. But would this be covered?

Clio 172
yeah any little problems you dont like put it in, its amazing what warranty will cover. Do it beofre it runs out!

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Yeah, they kinda of get you as when i rung up about the boot, she said they maybe a charge if it's not under warrant, so i said is this covered and she said, they will not know untill it's booked in! catch 22...