ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot pins fitted

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
As my boot would knock when going over bumps I decided to fit some pins.
I have had them for about 4 months but finally got round to fitting them today, I cut some carbon vinyl out to put under the latch to stop it scratching the paint and used stainless bolts instead of rivets, not bad for £5 just need some rubber edging trim and some rubber stops to finish it inside.
IMG_2960_zps0gnjurey.jpg

IMG_2964_zpstwx2qs9z.jpg

172 Ph1
I'll be doing this shortly , but with aero catches as I want locking .
Have you picks of where you have mounted them inside the boot.

172 Ph1
Lovely jubbly looks like a good place to put them - have you put any kind of sealer around the locking nut that may let water in ?

172 Ph1
Nice job! Something I'm considering, although I'd want to get rid of the oe locking mech. Anyone know if I can just disconnect and still have the doors off central locking?

Yes you can just unplug it and remove the mechanism . Front doors will work just fine .

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I have no idea, brought them from the Rally show at Castle Combe.
I thought the pins were all the same?
Mine use up all the thread the nut on the inside is right at the end.
Ah fair enough mate yeah I thought so too but even at the end of the thread it's still a bit to short with me pushing as hard as I can on the boot lid lol.

172 Ph1
Ah I see what you mean now , Christ is my eye sight that bad I thought I was looking at holes lol . Now I see the rubber bungs .
So in summer they are removed , and in winter they are plugged .

Last edited:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Ah I see what you mean now , Christ is my eye site that bad I thought I was looking at holes lol . Now I see the rubber bungs .
So in summer they are removed , and in winter they are plugged .
Yeah that's it mate, or when your on your way to spa for your stag do to watch a bit of f1 and it's absolutely howling down with rain!! I was cold, wet and extremely pissed off! Lol

172 Ph1
Yeah that's it mate, or when your on your way to spa for your stag do to watch a bit of f1 and it's absolutely howling down with rain!! I was cold, wet and extremely pissed off! Lol

Oh sweet Jesus Mark , I bet you were cursing that scoop . Was it a case of you didn't think it would leak , and when it rained it poured in.
Those grommets are a decent edition to the scoop and keeping it sealed in winter a very good shout .

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Oh sweet Jesus Mark , I bet you were cursing that scoop . Was it a case of you didn't think it would leak , and when it rained it poured in.
Those grommets are a decent edition to the scoop and keeping it sealed in winter a very good shout .
We got caught out by the weather mate completely. It was bone dry in the uk so I didn't put the grommets in. Not the same story when we were over there though! Lol! The water collected in the bottom section of the vent as, so when you went round a corner you got soaked in cold water!!
Yeah the holes don't impede the airflow into the car either, so a very good idea of mine at the time! Lol!