ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot locking/unlocking fault

Ph2 Meg 225
I've had a search but can't find anything (probably due to my choice of vocabulary) but when the car is unlocked and the boot is opened, it doesn't realize it has so the boot light doesn't come on and the car locks itself again unless I open a door!

Any ideas?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Well if you're unlocking the car and only opening the boot,
then the car will lock itself unless you open the drivers door.

The boot light's probably just broken.

172, Tiguan
Im not sure what model your car is but it sounds like the car isn't recognising the boot opening. First port of call would be the switch and the wiring to it.

Ph2 Meg 225
Im not sure what model your car is but it sounds like the car isn't recognising the boot opening. First port of call would be the switch and the wiring to it.

It's a 1.2 16v. the wiring seemed to be fine when I de wipered it a few months ago, where is the switch located?

Ph2 Meg 225
Well if you're unlocking the car and only opening the boot,
then the car will lock itself unless you open the drivers door.

The boot light's probably just broken.

I thought this until I noticed my mate with the same model as me doesn't have this problem :( it's nothing major but knowing its wrong makes me want to fix it

Check the wire that runs to the lock. This can turn green and foosty over time.

​Does your boot light come one when it is open? That's usually a give away.